Oregon

Friends and engagements

Hi everyone my name is Erica and i was just wondering if anyone else is having problems with friends and your engagement.

I'm asking because i just recently lost my best friend whom i met when we were 4. She and her boyfriend have decided that the only reason I'm marrying my fiance is because i just want to get married and that he's my future ex-husband. This was all after a bunch of other stuff happened. They say i have changed but i don't think i have and no one else in my life thinks i have.

Anyway I just find it weird that people are getting mad at me and not wanting to be friends with someone just because they are engaged. I haven't even set a date or started any real planning and i already have people not wanting to be a part of it. It just seems odd.  It hurts even more because i don't have that many friends to begin with and the one i thought would always be there has decided she no longer wants to be my friend. I'm pretty sure its her boyfriend's fault but i have no proof. So i was just wondering if anyone else is having or has had issues with friends since you got engaged. 
August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friends and engagements

• edited December 2011
    Hi! First off I'm sorry you are having to go through that! I have been having a some trouble with one of my friends too, nothing as big as yours but my friend seems to come up with the littlest things to be mean or rude about ever since I have gotten engaged and it is starting to bug me but I'm not really sure what to do about it. I'm not really sure what to tell you except keep you head up, take comfort in the friends that are being supportive and are happy for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards