Moms and Maids
Options

Daughter MOH?

I have 2 children from a previous marriage. My daughter will be 18 by the time I get married and my son will be 20. I would really like to ask my daughter to be my MOH, but I don't want to hurt my son's feelings. How do I accomplish this? P.S. my fianc son will be the best man.

Re: Daughter MOH?

• Options
    Your daughter can be your MOH and your son can either, or both, A. Stand on your side as a bridesman, or B. Walk you down the aisle.
  • Options
    Ditto Mercedes. There's no reason your son can't stand with you as well, and walking you down the aisle would also be very sweet. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    AJuliaNJAJuliaNJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

At my mother's second wedding, I was MOH and my brother was a groomsman. Same situation. I think at 20 your son is old enough to understand the bride picks the MOH and the groom picks the BM. 

Here are some ways you can make your son feel special:
    -have him as a groomsman 
    -list him in the program as "son of the bride"
    -let him do a reading or make a speech if he wants
    -you could make him your man of honor and have him stand on your side  
    -he could walk you down the aisle. if your dad is walking you down the aisle, maybe both of them could?
  • Options
    All three of my kids are standing with me, and I gave all three honor titles. My daughters are 15 and 17 and are my maids of honor. My son is 20 and is my best dude. There's no reson they both can't stand with you and both can't be "special" .
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ask him to walk you down the aisle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter is my MoH and my son is a groomsman. They are both walking me down the aisle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards