Illinois-Chicago
Options

Rehersal Dinner Locations

Hey!

Anyone know of a good place for a rehersal dinner for about 30 people downtown Chicago? Rehersal is at Rush and Ohio so I don't want somewhere too far from there. I'm trying to find somewhere cheapish (as in, not Maggianos) that can accomidate a large group without breaking the bank. Any ideas? Something with a package and/or party room we could rent...

Re: Rehersal Dinner Locations

• Options
    ondreaflynnondreaflynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After reading several posts on the knot, I decide to take the suggestion of the girls and do a pizza party to keep the cost under control.  Since my brian started with Maggianos as a cheap Italian option - at least I thought it would be, wrong!- it was a difficult jump to Gino's for pizza but it's turned out amazingly.  All the OOT guest are really excited that they get Chicago Style pizza and all the urbanites are excited cause let's me honest, who eats that unless people are in from OOT.  The one on Superior has private rooms and shouldn't be too far from your rehearsal.  HTH. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try one of the pizza places like Giordano's or Gino's
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am all for the casual rehearsal dinners. 
    When we were looking into locations, we looked into Mighty Nice Grill at Water Tower Place.  They have a nice blocked off area and were reletively inexpensive. 
    Good luck!
    Married!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Mighty Nice Grill!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    barryterbarryter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Alhambra Palace on Randolph in the West Loop. They have smaller VIP areas that hold 30 people and can do a family style dinner (it's non-traditional cuisine, if you want a different vibe).  Megan, the event coordinator, is really nice. Considering all the space/rooms they have, they would welcome the business.

Parking is pretty easy in the area for downtown, but they offer $10 valet (not bad).

Be upfront about how much you would like to spend. I bet it will come out cheaper than everyone going to a nice restaurant downtown. The VIP spaces are GORGEOUS.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our dinner at Piece in the Bucktown nieghborhood.  It is only 6 blocks from our church so we are just walking over there after the rehearsal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could also try La Luca in the west loop.  It is a hidden gem in the city.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards