April 2013 Weddings

Monday morning check in

Well, I resumed Insanity this weekend and FINALLY went to the grocery store so I'm actually able to bring my lunch to work again instead of always going out.  This traveling thing really cramps my style from time to time.

No clue what my weight is, maybe I will check it some time this week if I can get to Publix.

Re: Monday morning check in

• I am doing horrible with my getting healthy routine.  My weight has stalled the last couple weeks but I haven't been making the best food choices either.

Today is a new day and a new week.  
  • Yesterday morning was a great day on the scale for me... I was done 5 pounds!!! But then I concluded that it was because I went out the night before drinking. For some reason I always weigh much less after a night out. I haven't gotten back on the scale to see if my theory was right. I try to stay away from the scale as much as I can and just go by the way my clothes feel or how I look in the mirror.
    Anniversary
  • We've been really bad about doing our nightly crunches/push-up routine so we need to get back into that, but I've been pretty good abotu keeping my calories low. I've also joined an at-work pilates class on Thursday, so hopefully that'll tone everything up a little bit too.

Second fitting is Saturday (eek!) so I hope that everything goes well there. After that, I'm a little nervous because I definitely want to maintain, but I probably don't want to lose any more as that would cause more alterations. I'm not exactly sure what I should up my calories to though...
  • Yep I've been really bad lately...lots of eating out and not working out. That changes this week. Time to crack down big time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_monday-morning-check-in-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:5c71d4b2-5d20-4fad-9fff-823f9ef63325Post:6875b995-84e2-4244-84be-e8e12b3da28e">Re: Monday morning check in</a>:
    [QUOTE] After that, I'm a little nervous because I definitely want to maintain, but I probably don't want to lose any more as that would cause more alterations. I'm not exactly sure what I should up my calories to though...
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

Do you have a smartphone?  Have you used the "My Fitness Pal" app?  It will let you enter your height and weight and decide if you want to lose, gain or maintain that weight and then generate a plan to help you do it.  You have to be diligent and enter in what you eat and what you do for exercise for it to work correctly, though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_monday-morning-check-in-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:5c71d4b2-5d20-4fad-9fff-823f9ef63325Post:3aa3e776-1826-44ea-971b-a5a82a7c697a">Re: Monday morning check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday morning check in : Do you have a smartphone?  Have you used the "My Fitness Pal" app?  It will let you enter your height and weight and decide if you want to lose, gain or maintain that weight and then generate a plan to help you do it.  You have to be diligent and enter in what you eat and what you do for exercise for it to work correctly, though.
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

I actually use that to track now and I love it. My problem is that I don't own a scale (and don't want to as it would send me into a really bad spiral of obsessing over numbers) so I don't actually know what I weigh. I suppose I should just suck it up and weigh myself but I'm worried about the aforementioned spiral.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_monday-morning-check-in-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:5c71d4b2-5d20-4fad-9fff-823f9ef63325Post:bf5d4241-0779-48bf-ba8a-c536591082ea">Re: Monday morning check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday morning check in : I actually use that to track now and I love it. My problem is that I don't own a scale (and don't want to as it would send me into a really bad spiral of obsessing over numbers) so I don't actually know what I weigh. I suppose I should just suck it up and weigh myself but I'm worried about the aforementioned spiral.
    Posted by vonclancy[/QUOTE]

I have a similar problem.  I only weigh myself about once a week at the grocery store lol.  Most people get freaked out about jumping on a scale in public but really, no one stands there and watches what I weigh.
  • I made lifetime with weight watchers! I maintained my weight for 6 weeks and will just need to get weighed in one time per month. I can still go to meetings but no longer have to pay :) Woot!!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You can always use a scale at a doctor's office, or local gym. That way it won't always be in your home.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_monday-morning-check-in-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:5c71d4b2-5d20-4fad-9fff-823f9ef63325Post:f87de266-0498-4b30-b683-a8a2f2239a02">Re: Monday morning check in</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made lifetime with weight watchers! I maintained my weight for 6 weeks and will just need to get weighed in one time per month. I can still go to meetings but no longer have to pay :) Woot!!
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  Great job!
  • Eh.. I enjoyed myself over the weekend.. Happy Hour, Dinner out, Eating to satisfy a hangover.  I am sure I am up a pound or two, but I am ok with that.  I'll do my best.  If I can drop the seven I want to, I will be very happy, but they are just vanity pounds anyway and the dress fits.. so I will do my best and hope to drop them soon so I look better in a bikini! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • edited February 2013
    On Friday I was down below 150 for the first time in three years (grad school has not been kind to me). I don't weigh myself after a weekend of snowboarding, since I always gain some water weight, but my legs are super sore today so I'm feeling good about this Friday's weigh in.

Dinner tonight with our two officiants: one of which is a vegetarian, and the other does not eat pasta or cheese. I'm opting for a very healthy veggie stir-fry! We'll be glad to get the ceremony nailed down a bit more.

Nice work, ladies... and hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards