Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Bridal Stores- Pittsburgh area

Im having a really hard time finding bridesmaids dresses that I like & think my bridal party would be comfortable in. We are having a fall wedding. I found a dress I liked at Davids bridal- Robinson, PA, however after finalizing and making that my decision, the lady then told me the dress was discontinued as well as the color... (Would have been wonderful had she have told me this sooner, seeing as she knew the date.) Our wedding is October 5, 2013. Most of my bridal party is dieting and will be waiting a few months to order their dresses, but I just want some ideas. DOes anyone know of any good stores? Also reasonably priced stores.. Thanks :)

Re: Bridal Stores- Pittsburgh area

• edited August 2012
    Im having a really hard time finding bridesmaids dresses that I like & think my bridal party would be comfortable in. We are having a fall wedding. I found a dress I liked at Davids bridal- Robinson, PA, however after finalizing and making that my decision, the lady then told me the dress was discontinued as well as the color... (Would have been wonderful had she have told me this sooner, seeing as she knew the date.) Our wedding is October 5, 2013. Most of my bridal party is dieting and will be waiting a few months to order their dresses, but I just want some ideas. DOes anyone know of any good stores? Also reasonably priced stores.. Thanks :)
  • edited August 2012
    You will want to check your local boards on the drop down to the left <------------
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My bridesmaids are wearing dresses from the White Orchid on Rt. 51.  They have some really beautiful dresses there, and a couple of my friends also got bridesmaid dresses for their weddings there too.

I don't know what kind of budget you are looking at, but the dresses I chose for my bridesmaids are slightly over $200 each.  I think you get a discount if you buy your wedding dress there (I didn't) and have 5 or 6 bridesmaids (I have less than that).  Not totally sure about the discounts though, since they didn't apply to me.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • manjermjmanjermj member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    Most short dresses usually range from $120-$175 from Davids/Alfred Angelo/Designers some under $100) at Bridal Stores then about $150-$250 for long.
    My girls are getting long satin dresses by Bill Levkoff at Michael's Bridal in North Hill. They're between $175-$230.
  • If you scroll down a bit to a recent post "Bridesmaid Dresses- Where to Shop For?" I think you'll get some ideas too :-) The ladies were extremely helpful to me!
  • You have a looooooong time before you need to order dresses.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_bridal-stores-pittsburgh-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:44b7dcd4-96e6-45a5-933f-bc0f7cada021Post:5ba0cbc5-a8cc-455a-967a-bbde41852858">Re: Bridal Stores- Pittsburgh area</a>:
    [QUOTE]You have a looooooong time before you need to order dresses.
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, that to! My wedding is in January 2013 and my girls are ordering in a few weeks.</div>
  • I have heard a lot of stories about DB discontinuing dresses.  We got our B-maid dresses from Alfred Angelo in Monroeville and so far they have been great.  I got my dress there also so every girl gets $20 off their dress.  We worked with Autumn, she is great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nordstrom.com has a nice selection and I believe you can return to the store for free if it doesn't work out.  Ann Taylor and J Crew might be options too.
  • I work at the Alfred Angelo in Monroeville, and we are having a huge bridesmaids bash on October 10 from 4-8. We're getting a DJ a photobooth, and different vendors will be there. Even if the bride didn't get her dress at AA, she can save 15 dollars on it that night, and be entered to win this HUGE gift basket we are giving away with a bunch of goodies for the bride and bridesmaids- stuff for the bachelorette party, etc. It's gonna be fun :) We are also getting a new shipment of the new style of dresses in early October 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards