African American Weddings
Options

Virtual Knottie night 1?

Were the virtual knottie nights supposed to start today? Where is everyone? Helllloooooo?

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

Re: Virtual Knottie night 1?

• Options
    edited December 2011

I am late but here....@csuperstar02 .  Did you get your dress...the Mori Lee one?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello everyone.  I just finished my seating chart today (whew!).  It's been a long day...a little housekeeping before leaving for 10 am mass...meeting with church musician and Catechism class immediately after mass...a quick trip with FI to Menards to return unused panelling and lumber...writing, reserach, Platinum Weddings, and seating chart.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here... I found my dress today with my mom... Anybody think that royal blue and champange work together???
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here as well!! Just drove back from NY and pooped, but wanted to pop in,...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, nice color combination, rodeo417.  Are those the colors for your wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ rodeo417 Congratulations on finding a dress!!!
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that could be a pretty combination, Rodeo.
    @pbbride - I will either be ordering on Saturday (27th) or the following weekend (depends on payday/direct deposit lol!!)

anyone watching Sins of the Mother? it's the lifetime movie network movie w/ Jill Scott.

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You really think so??? I though that the blue would be too strong for the  champagne... The dress is ivory with a champagne overlay... It's beautiful and everything that I didn't want...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm watching the movie and I'm loving it....BTW: Jill Scott looks good with her weight loss.

• Options
    edited December 2011
     FH just said something about that too. She does look good.

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @ csuperstar02....I ordered my Mori Lee at the end of December thinking I needed to beat the spring rush and it came in two months early.  So I think you be fine it you didn't get a chance to order it for a few weeks.  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I owe FI an apology.... I told him that he might not be able to have his royal blue...... At least I found my dress, the hotel is booked and rooms blocked and the DJ is also booked... Any ideals on flowers???
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See, that's what I was thinking. The girl at the shop was all, "you need to order no later than the end of February, blah blah blah." She said it'll take about 5 months to come in and then you have to add in time for alterations and such.

I'm worried about having to store it somewhere for too long, ya know?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @rodeo what do you have in mind for flowers? real vs. fake? any particular flowers? are you doing floral centerpieces too?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_virtual-knottie-night-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:a7910140-21c1-43c8-9482-8f2d83136d90Post:cd328e5e-21ef-4fa0-ac46-da44790674d6">Re: Virtual Knottie night 1?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@rodeo what do you have in mind for flowers? real vs. fake? any particular flowers? are you doing floral centerpieces too?
    Posted by csuperstar02[/QUOTE]
    We get floral centerpieces with our contract for our wedding. I was thinking maybe blues and soft purples for it. For my ladies, we are thinking fake flowers since no one really cares about it and they might want to keep them. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I go pick up my dress on Thursday....so I will let you know how my dress turn out.   Also, if storing will be a problem....you should wait a bit longer.  That's why I am having to now take my dress down to Arkansas early....Plus I have to many clothes and need to get my closet cleaned out before FI moves in.  Darn Mori Lee...LOL
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies, I'm super late!! I'm mad Rodeo417 I can't see the picture :(  .

Well I tried a caterer yesterday and it was WONDERFUL. I will know for sure at the end of the week who I am going with.

I also put my deposit on my cake. YAY!!! Pics coming real real real soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

@ Desi 2002....I missed you girl....I hope all is well!!! 

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    my cake... cant choose...  

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, there was drama... i lost the baby, thats why i was mia
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Kristi....Congratulations on deciding on your bakery.  I can't wait to have my cake tasting. 

@ Rodeo417...I am at a loss for flowers too...I really have no ideas there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear you lost your baby Desi2002. As for your cake I like the first one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

@ Desi 2002....I am so sorry hun....I'm just at a loss for words right now, but steadly praying for you. 

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    thanx for you sympathy, and i like cake 1 too, but sis said cake 2 is more wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was thinking cake #2 as well

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the cake!!! The only difference is it will be in the shape of a hexagon. I was thinking of adding color to the designs.I was thinking black. Although I do like it how it is. IDK What do you ladies think?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Desi - I am so sorry for your loss. Please take it easy and take care of yourself....
    I love both of your cakes!!! What flavors are you thinking of?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    im okay with the pregnancy loss b/c the dr. said that the pregnancy was abnormal, so my body was rejecting it. i was more worried about my health b/c I didn't pass everything right away. They were going to do surgery, and said I was septic, and I was infected, I was soooo afraid for my life. But I think all is well now, I'll be going to the doctors this week so, we shall see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards