Flowers
Options

AW: Bouquets and Bouts are almost done! PiPs

Me, my mom, my cousin (bridesmaid) and my aunt all worked on the bouquets and the bouts this weekend.  We couldn't finish the bouts, because most of them are being made from the dark purple calla lillies that haven't come in yet (hopefully they'll be in tomorrow!)

Anyway, I took some pictures.  We haven't wrapped the stems yet, so these are just of the flowers (and they still have the little plastic protector thigns in them too... so use your imagination a bit.  LOL)

Oh, and P.S.  Please excuse all the clutter in some of the pics.  The flowers are being stored in my spare bedroom, along with all of our shower gifts and my box of stuff from when I made the invites.  lol

It took bolt cutters to cut the stems off to the right length.

Here's a picture of my mom holding my bouquet toward the camera, to make sure it looked even. 

And here it is, where it will be stored until the wedding.  I knew all of those Bed Bath and Beyond boxes would come in handy for something.  LOL

And this is the Maid of Honor's bouquet.  Her dress will be black, so I think that the all white flowers will look nice.

And here are the two bridesmaids bouquets.  They are just slightly smaller than the MOH.  MOH's has, I think, 11 stems and the BM's have 7 each.

And here are the bouts for Keith's Grandpa and for my uncle.  All of the other bouts will be with the dark purple callas.

This is one of the wrist corsages for 1 of my aunts.  They will both have the white callas for theirs and the MOB and MOG will have 3 of the dark purple callas for their corsages.

x-posted to Oct 2010 brides & DIY forums.

Re: AW: Bouquets and Bouts are almost done! PiPs

• Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks really nice!  You did a good job with them.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We are going to finish the bouts on Thursday.  And also make the throw-away bouquet!  I totally almost forgot about that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where did you order your flowers from? I want to do my own flowers do you think it would be hard for someone with NOOOOOO experience?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not hard at all.  At least, the way we did it isn't.  It's just a matter of having patience and being able to fiddle with them until they look right.

And I ordered mine from a local wholesale-to-the-public place, that's actually part of the Hobby Lobby corp and sell the same items as HL, but at a wholesale price.

You can order from them over the phone, since you aren't local.

Here's their website:
    http://basketmarketokc.com/

P.S.  I personally got the "real touch" type flowers instead of regular silk. To me, they look more real.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards