Favors

HELP! Fabric needed for favors!

I have been to michael's and joann fabrics trying to find a fabric to work with our favors. I don't mind if our favors all match! What we are doing is making a homemade apple butter. It preserves for one year and our wedding is in July but this is the best time to make it. Our wedding style is a country/rustic and we are doing mason jar centerpieces and our flowers are mainly sunflowers with some oranges. Our favors are going to be on the tables to help with decoration. These are some pictures of what it will kind of be like, but I need a yellow/orange fabric to help decorate. I don't know if there is a reliable place to order online? I live in new york. we are doing the favors in a few weeks, and i guess w could wait to decorate them, it would just be nice to get it all out of the way! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We have these 4 oz Bell jelly jars. We are labeling the jars on the lid so people know what is in the jars.

We are looking to do this with the fabric, in a similar style and color. along with ribbon we have rafeta (spelling? the straw like decoratative stuff). and will be using it to tie a tag that says "eat drink & be married" with our names and wedding date that looks like this:

Re: HELP! Fabric needed for favors!

• edited December 2011
    Im not really sure about your area, but are there any other arts and crafts type stores, or even quilting stores? If not ordering online should be fine.  Im surprised that Joann's didnt have anything, I usually have luck there.
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joann's can do special orders if they don't have something to suit your needs. I would talk to them and see what they can get for you. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • edited December 2011
    Joanns is good. Some walmarts do still have fabric. If that fails, look into quilting stores in your area. You can even get precut 5" squares (called "charm squares") from fatquartershop.
  • Lorna HayesLorna Hayes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Singapore and one of the services I provide is providing fabrics for table linens, favours, bunting and dresses to brides all over the world. I can get it cut and sewn to your specification here and send across finished, or simply send you the fabric. For patterened cotton it would be no more than $10 per meter plus postage. Visit my site www.lornahayes.com and if you are interested I can send you photos of the cottons that are nearest to your pics. The choices are incredible!
  • Beachgal2011Beachgal2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Sewing Studio
    9605 South Highway 17-92,
    Maitland, FL
    (407) 831-6488

They have an impressive selection of fabrics.  They also carry A LOT of quilting fabric cotton like what I think you are looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards