New York-Hudson Valley

Christian church venue near Bedford/Mt Kisco?

We're getting married next August in Westchester but are from NYC so our churches would not be local. Also, we come from a mixed Methodist/Catholic background and would want a place that could honor that Christian-Protestant balance. We have a reception venue booked and if need be we could probably hold a ceremony there as well but I wanted to see if anyone in the area had any recommendations/experience with this scenario. I would love to be married in the church and we could commute for pre-cana but being unfamiliar with the area churches, I'm hoping some local ladies might have some guidance. Thanks!
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Christian church venue near Bedford/Mt Kisco?

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hey there! There are plenty of churches in the area. If either of you are wanting to stay with the Catholic Church, and be able to receive sacraments such as communion going forward, then you should look for Catholic Churches.  The churches I'm familiar with are St. Patrick's in Bedford, St. Mary's in Katonah, and Immaculate Conception in Tarrytown.

If you aren't concerned with "leaving" the Catholic Church, then you could likely find a Methodist or Unitarian Church - or just find an officiant to perform the ceremony at your reception location. I believe there is a Unitarian church in Mount Kisco, but other than googling, I wouldn't know much of the Methodist churches in the area.

Best wishes and congrats!
  • random4180random4180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually called St. Patrick's today! They're literally across the street from our reception site so it would be great if that worked out. They were unsure of whether or not they'd have a priest available on a weekday in August though. Fingers crossed that when I talk to them tomorrow we can work something out! Thanks~
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You can always bring a priest from another church in to perform the ceremony - that's what we did! Let me know if you need a contact for a priest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards