Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Just used my new last name :)

...for the first time!  Ha, it's not legally changed yet so I haven't REALLY been using it but I just used it for some reservations I made for tonight!  It felt really weird but pretty cool at the same time :)

I didn't know who else to get giddy about this to so I came here, haha!

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Just used my new last name :)

• edited December 2011
    You came to the right place!  You know you can count on us to understand.  :-)

That must have felt so cool and a nice reflection of the change in your life!
    BFP #3 July 2012 = EDD 4/1/2013
    BFP #2 May 2012 = loss at 4w3d
    BFP #1 January 2003 = 9 year old son

imageimage
    ? My BFP Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! I haven't had much of an opportunity to use my new name either, going to the SS office on Friday, so hopefully after that, I'll be all set.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_just-used-new-last-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:8077cfb5-b0e9-40b4-a48e-da74e05d4727Post:d82f5b12-384d-4ebf-bb26-df36e8ced115">Re: Just used my new last name :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! I haven't had much of an opportunity to use my new name either, going to the SS office on Friday, so hopefully after that, I'll be all set.
    Posted by ogrady88[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">Lucky!! I wish I knew when our license would come back so I could get in...I just want to get everything going and changed!</font></strong>
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a total "whaaaaat?!" moment the first time I used mine!  I was in the hotel the morning after the wedding and needed to call the porter to come get the cart of gifts and have the valet bring the car around.  The St. Paul Hotel answers their main desk phone by addressing you by name so when I called, they said "Good morning Mr. Witty",  I kinda giggled and said, "sorry, this is Mrs. Witty.  Woah!  That is the first time I used my new name!"  The clerk was very nice about my spazzing out!
  • ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_just-used-new-last-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:8077cfb5-b0e9-40b4-a48e-da74e05d4727Post:c6d74fe1-d3f5-45df-af57-92c588567312">Re: Just used my new last name :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Just used my new last name :) : Lucky!! I wish I knew when our license would come back so I could get in...I just want to get everything going and changed!
    Posted by kaylas16[/QUOTE]

We were kind of lucky, I had to stop in to pick up a new form for the official copy, in WI we have to pay for our official copy, so we stopped in on Friday just to get a new form and they said we could just get the official copy, our officiant had mailed it in on Monday, so they had it on file already.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_just-used-new-last-name?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:8077cfb5-b0e9-40b4-a48e-da74e05d4727Post:546bb298-e08f-4b45-9c7a-d7b79d0885d1">Re: Just used my new last name :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a total "whaaaaat?!" moment the first time I used mine!  I was in the hotel the morning after the wedding and needed to call the porter to come get the cart of gifts and have the valet bring the car around.  The St. Paul Hotel answers their main desk phone by addressing you by name so when I called, they said "Good morning Mr. Witty",  I kinda giggled and said, "sorry, this is Mrs. Witty.  Woah!  That is the first time I used my new name!"  The clerk was very nice about my spazzing out!
    Posted by wittyschaffy[/QUOTE]

<strong><font color="#800080">hahaha that is funny :) It's super weird, though! It's definately going to take some getting used to.  I am sure when I start using it as my signature I will screw it up a ton... especially because my new last name starts with an S just like my maiden name.</font>  </strong>
  • edited December 2011
    So exciting!

I had to write my new name on our marriage license application yesterday & that was weird!  It was the first time I wrote Andrea newlastname... Very strange!
  • edited December 2011
    I can't wait for that day!!
    I bet that was super exciting :)
  • edited December 2011
    Just another "weird" adjustment :)

I too am looking forward to it!
  • EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im looking forward to it too! The cell phone company already calls me mrs.lastname and it makes me smile :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he he cute! cannot wait to be able to say this. I still have a ways to go though..
  • edited December 2011
    I've been using my new name (hyphenated) for about 2 months.  It's still hard for me to remember that I have two last names now.  At least I'm forced to remember to sign it correctly, since I'm a notary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards