Connecticut

Can anyone recommend a great videographer?

My initial thought was to not get one, but some of my friends who have recently gotten married now regret not having one!

Has anyone used one and loved or hated it?

Re: Can anyone recommend a great videographer?

• edited July 2012
    We hired Dave at RI Video Pros. We decided not to get any editting done, and have him send us the raw footage. He seemed to be everywhere during the reception, and he caught a lot of the funny things my guests did. He shows up when you're getting ready and stays until the end of the night. 

I'm really glad we hired him, because I forgot so much that happened that day- even just a month later! I'm really glad we now have the video to look back on. 

We also liked the look of Fran Gagnon Films, but they were booked for our date. 
  • I definitely think it's worth it.  I've heard from 2-3 people recently, unsolicited, that their biggest regret is not having a videographer.  So even if it's just an inexpensive one, I'd say definitely do it!

Mine is DL Video Productions aka Epic Video - truly the best quality I've ever seen.  Not the cheapest, but the videos look like major motion pictures.

I'd say that no matter who you are considering, make sure they send you a full length video as it was delivered to the bride - not just the 5 minute trailor set to music.  It's important to see the sound quality during the ceremony, whether the camera is in focus consistently, that the shots are steady and not shaky, etc.

Anniversary

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Just posted about this (look at the KVS video rave post below)! Loved ours....

www.kingvincentstorm.com
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • We are using Inspiration in Motion and they have been great to work with so far. :)
    http://www.inspirationinmotion.com/
    Anniversary
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_can-anyone-recommend-a-great-videographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:858e809e-98b2-483c-8c6c-313b8f881c3ePost:07ad5f9a-f092-45a2-9194-81111077ee02">Re: Can anyone recommend a great videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just posted about this (look at the KVS video rave post below)! <strong>Loved ours.... </strong><a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.kingvincentstorm.com"><strong>www.kingvincentstorm.com</strong></a>
    Posted by kls114[/QUOTE]

Ditto! We also used King Vincent Storm
    imageAnniversary
  • We used Inspiration in Motion, so far we've only seen a small clip but we loved it! My husband was skeptical, but realized what a great idea it was after the wedding - it honestly goes by so fast and most of it is a complete blur! I recommend taking a look at their website!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards