Georgia-Savannah

tight budget and needing a photographer!

hello everyone,

My fiance and I are eloping next month in savannah and we are on a tight budget. The last thing I need to line up is a photographer. Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive photographer. I was thinking maybe someone who is up and coming and just getting started in the business might have better rates than an already established photographer. We would only need them for maybe 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Thanks! 

Re: tight budget and needing a photographer!

• Hi There! I am a wedding planner in Savannah and have worked with Emiebeth Photography in the past. Here prices were reasonable and she did a wonderful job.Here website is: <a href="http://www.emiebethphotographer.com." rel="nofollow">www.emiebethphotographer.com.</a>

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else.
    :0) M

Melissa Livingston
    Owner M Livingston  Events
    melissa@mlivingstonevents.com

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_tight-budget-and-needing-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:603Discussion:e0417d53-e322-42e4-a32f-5cdbc0df55dcPost:84a4dc2d-2919-44d7-8234-35978179a8f4">tight budget and needing a photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hello everyone, My fiance and I are eloping next month in savannah and we are on a tight budget. The last thing I need to line up is a photographer. Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive photographer. I was thinking maybe someone who is up and coming and just getting started in the business might have better rates than an already established photographer. We would only need them for maybe 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Thanks! 
    Posted by ads678[/QUOTE]
  • mrs livingston ARENT ALLOWED to advertise you are a vendor and have been reported
  • Melissa, please re-read the terms of service.  It is a violation of them to post as a vendor on the boards.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Obviously, I did not know. I am sorry that a certain person has taken offense to this, but I appreciate you letting me know in a nice professional manner. I did not read the terms, lesson learned:0) In my defense, I was only trying to help and give out some free advice and yes, I'll be honest if a bride liked the advice and wanted more I would have helped her further.

Thanks again for pointing this out before I stayed up until 2am trying to help!
    :0)M

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_tight-budget-and-needing-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:603Discussion:e0417d53-e322-42e4-a32f-5cdbc0df55dcPost:fdd23619-415b-459d-8467-a7eb3d5bd749">Re: tight budget and needing a photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Melissa, please re-read the terms of service.  It is a violation of them to post as a vendor on the boards.  
    Posted by iluvmytxrgr[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_tight-budget-and-needing-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:e0417d53-e322-42e4-a32f-5cdbc0df55dcPost:84a4dc2d-2919-44d7-8234-35978179a8f4">tight budget and needing a photographer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]hello everyone, My fiance and I are eloping next month in savannah and we are on a tight budget. The last thing I need to line up is a photographer. Does anyone have any suggestions for an inexpensive photographer. I was thinking maybe someone who is up and coming and just getting started in the business might have better rates than an already established photographer. We would only need them for maybe 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Thanks! 
    Posted by ads678[/QUOTE]

You might have some luck by checking into SCAD.  The school may have some up and coming photographers who may be looking for some freelance work to build their portfolio.  As someone who has worked  as an assistant for several wedding photographers over the years, I recommend reviewing a portfolio of the photogrpahers work and outlining any expectations, photography style, etc that you may have ahead of time.  In the world of photography, the saying, "you get what you pay for" often rings true unless you can find someone who comes highly recommended via word of mouth or via an art school where someone has had some solid training. 

Also, even though you may need a photographer for only an hour or hour and a half the day of the event, additional time will be required of the photographer if you are expecting edited images.  Sometimes the time spent on the portraits on the back end can exceed the time on the front end.

Best Wishes on your special day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_tight-budget-and-needing-a-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:603Discussion:e0417d53-e322-42e4-a32f-5cdbc0df55dcPost:84a4dc2d-2919-44d7-8234-35978179a8f4">tight budget and needing a photographer!</a>:
    Posted by ads678[/QUOTE]

I also getting married in Savannah next year, but I live 45 minutes away in S.C. I have found a photographer that has great rates compared to all the others I have found. Can you send messages on here? Because I don't want to post her email or phone on here & she doesn't have a website but I have her portfolio where she emailed it to me. She also did a wedding receently for a friend. If you're interested let me know and we can figure out a way to get you her info.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards