Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

input requested!!

My fiance and I are eloping, and as such I am limited as to whom I can consult for advice and insight on writing my vows.  What follows is a draft, primarily based on traditional/civil vows, which include some inside jokes and nicknames, but I believe also demonstrate the seriousness of the occasion.  Please provide any comments or ideas, or if you think I should scrap this draft entirely and start over!

Thanks girls!

---

To begin, a quotation:  How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?  --  Oscar Wilde

I, _______ "[nickname]" ______, do take you, ______, to be my lawfully and love-fully wedded husband; for me to have and to hold, from this day forward; for better-- or for worse; in sickness and in health, until death or Star Trek irrevocably separates us.  I will forever cherish you as my best friend and confidant.  Together we will persevere through life's many trials and tribulations; you already know that resistance is futile with me: I'm a witch!  So, let's enjoy this lifetime together, and let's do as much adventuring as possible while we have the life in us and the time before us.

To end, a quotation: I have great hopes that we shall love each other all our lives as much as if we had never married at all.  --  Lord Byron

Re: input requested!!

• britterz90britterz90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love it. If thats how you guys are together, keep it. It's perfect. it's serious yet it shows the intimate things you guys like together. if you through it away i would be disappointed.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  I was afraid I was being too not-creative (lol), or not putting enough thought into it.  But, then again, we write each other little notes all the time, and make each other "just because" cards, so I guess it's all up to the individual couples.  I really do appreciate your encouraging response!

And, to all others, I am still open to constructive criticism!  If you believe I should be more creative and less traditional (neither of us are traditional-- at all-- and our ceremony won't be, either), then that input will be equally appreciated.  Also, regarding the Star Trek references...  I'm not a Trekkie, but he totes LOVES Star Trek, so I had to allude to it somewhere.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards