West Virginia
Options

Vendor Reviews - Northcentral WV

I was married on August 1st in and wanted to post about my vendors in case anyone is curious about some of the ones we used. Email me for more information or pictures at becca5485@yahoo.com.Photographer: Rebecca Devono (Morgantown) - ARebecca is the best in the area by far! Very creative and easy to work with. We had engagement pictures and the wedding pictures done by her and would not have it any other way. I just chose my album pictures (my fault it's taking so long, not hers) so I don't have it back yet but I have no doubt that it will be beautiful. Band: Jason Kendall Band (Uniontown) - A Fantastic! I could not be happier that we chose to have them do our wedding, they truly made the reception what it was. Every time I talk to someone who was at our wedding they bring up the band and how great they were. Jason and his brother Jeremy also played the ceremony music for us and did a fabulous job! During cocktail hour and dinner the band played jazz, following with dance music from oldies to 80's to country to top 40 for the remainder of the night. Hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. Florist: Blooms (Bridgeport) - A Cara is great, very knowledgeable and easy to work with. She will help you get the best flowers and price for the look you are going for. She is a professional and seems to be much more modern than most area florists. Your wedding flowers won't look like they are from the 90's or a funeral, which is what I felt like many arrangements from other florists looked like. Paper: Mementos (Morgantown) - A Tracy is the only person I know of in the area who does this service, and it is very valuable. She can make custom-designed invitations as well as order from popular companies such as Crane or Carlson Craft. I designed our save-the-date and it turned out perfectly! She designed our programs and they looked fantastic. We also ordered photo thank you cards from her using one of the photographer's photos and I got a lot of compliments on them. Hair: Spa Roma (Morgantown) - A Meghan at Spa Roma is my normal hairstylist so I felt comfortable going to her for my wedding. Great job! Spa Roma is one of the nicest in the area and I would recommend for all services, including hair!Reception Venue: Bridgeport Conference Center (Bridgeport) - A We looked all over the area for a venue like this and finally found it! It was perfect because I wanted a large ballroom with catering on-site. This is unlike many of the venues in the area. We got many compliments on the food and the service was fantastic. We also had primarily out-of-town guests so the fact that there are two hotels in walking distance was ideal. Part way through planning our contact at BCC left her job but the new contact was able to easily pick up and make our reception wonderful.Videographer: Striped Shirt Media (Uniontown) - BI was not sure I wanted a videographer but decided to get on in the end. I'm glad I did to have this to look back on. The DVD's are very professional in format. I am please with the video with the exception of some of the sound quality. They were very fast to have it edited and shipped to me.Cake: Bake'N Memories (Bridgeport) - BDelicious cakes! We had them do two different flavors (lemon and strawberry, both with buttercream filling and icing)and they were also willing to work with us on design to make sure it had the look we wanted and it would be the appropriate amount for our guest count. Rings: John P. Kuehn (Morgantown) - B Very happy with them! The only complaint is that sometimes it takes longer than you were told to get the item. My husband custom-designed my engagement ring here and they were able to easily create a wedding ring to match. We also bought his wedding ring here and they were helpful in determining what would be best for him based on him style and work.Wedding Dress: Coni & Franc (Morgantown) - BI looked at so many places before finding my dress and was happy to get it from a local place. I will mention that they provide better customer service when trying to make the sale than they do after the sale, but overall I was happy with them.Bridesmaid Dresses: Brides by Candalina (Pittsburgh) - DE-mail me if you want more information. I would never recommend this store. The only reason I gave them a D and not an F is because by a miracle we got the dresses barely in time to be altered.

Re: Vendor Reviews - Northcentral WV

• Options
    hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need suits or tuxes for my sons for my wedding in March.  Did you rent tuxes? Can I ask why Bake N Memories got a B?  I'm having a tasting in one week but I haven't found any other alternative than Bonne Belles in Clarksburg and she just seemed rude and like she was too busy.  I really just don't want to deal with her. Thanks for the info!  Sounds like you and your guests had a great time!
  • Options
    linds7398linds7398 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews! I also go to Spa Roma for my regular hair/color appointments. I can't imagine going anywhere else for my wedding. Glad to see the good reviews for Rebecca Devono and Blooms ... I'm really considering both of them!hollieheidi - Have you thought about Almost Heaven Desserts? I have no personal experience except a brief meeting at the Lakeview Bridal Show. The lady was very nice and the carrot cake I sampled was delish!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did rent tuxes but they were from Men's Wearhouse in St. Clairsville, OH (close to where my husband is from). I liked them but didn't review since it is far from here.My dad rented his tux from Daniel's Men's Store in Morgantown and it was perfect. I went in and picked it all out and he just had to get measured.I gave Bake N Memories a B only because the cake was a little bit lop-sided (I can e-mail you a picture if you'd like). Not a very big deal to me but I know some people get really into the cake. However it tasted fantastic. I was not a fan of Bonnie Belle either, didn't like the taste. Almost Heaven has very good cakes as well but the reason I chose Bake N Memories was because they offered non-standard flavors without an additional charge.
  • Options
    hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I talked to the lady at Almost Heaven and since we're having our wedding in Weston in March she was afraid of not being able to deliver or us getting to her because of weather, but otherwise I would have LOVED to had her make the cakes. Thanks for the info about Daniels.  I have a Men's Warehouse here, but I don't know if I'd need extra days rentals, etc.  Would like to have somewhere just to p/u and d/o in town. Thanks for the tips ladies!    
  • Options
    whiterose04whiterose04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The tuxes I can say Daniels is the best in the area I used them for both mine and my brothers wedding not one thing went wrong. Bake n memories did a great job on my brother's wedding cake I have pics if anyone wants to see them. I used a lady in Kingwood and I loved it and it was only about 125
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To all you ladies that want Rebecca Devono to do your photography...BOOK NOW!! I booked her almost 14 months in advance and changed my wedding date twice because she was already booked that far ahead!!!!!!! She IS definitely the best and I was completely hell bent on getting her!!!!
  • Options
    linds7398linds7398 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, tay! I was hoping to hold out until the end of the year, but I'll go ahead and call her tomorrow.
  • Options
    rstreetrstreet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    who was the lady in kingwood that you bought your cake from?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards