North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Rustic Wedding Venues (Angus Barn pavillions like)

I have my heart set on a fall wedding when the leaves are changing colors. I fell in love with the Angus barn pavillions and also the Fearrington house but there's just no way we can afford those venues. I looked at some other barn like places but those were almost a big too rustic and we only have 100 people to fill the place. I would also need something inside that has heat since it might be cold. Does anyone have any affordable recommendations that resemble these two places? I would be willing to look at venues that have a cozy feels to them like some sort of bed and breakfast, historic house, etc. I would like it to be a place thats kind of private without a lot of other weddings around. Preferably somewhere in the triangle (45 minutes from North Raleigh). I'm beginning to give up hope =( Recently we decided to look at venues that have the exposed brick and wood beams, and we found Bay 7 in Durham and loved it, but again the price thing comes in. $3,200 just to rent the big empty room. Any advice is appreciated.

Re: Rustic Wedding Venues (Angus Barn pavillions like)

• TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at The Hayloft? It's in McCleansville (between Greensboro and Burlington) so not sure if that's too far for you. My friend just got married there and it was beautiful. I know they do Spring and Fall weddings but dont know if they have heat. The coordinator there is great to work with (the place is her families farm that they completely renovated a few years ago for her wedding). Let me know if you are interested in more information.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I went to a wedding at Snipes Farm.  It was really nice.  Didn't seem like an overly expensive place either.  I think it's in Carrboro
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • loriemomsloriemoms member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Snipes Farm is pretty cool!  I dont think they are super expensive either...
  • carlyndarlyncarlyndarlyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Spruce Pine Lodge.. its an old hunting lodge owned by the City of Durham. Its beautiful and rustic.. located 20 min North of Durham in Bahama. It's very well priced!
  • edited December 2011
    i'm not quite sure how far this is from raleigh, but magnolia manor is beautiful!

http://www.magnoliamanorbnb.com/
  • edited December 2011
    the barn of vallhalla in chapel hill is great. it's close to the highway and easy to find. some of our friends were married there recently and it was perfect! they got married outside infront of the stone fireplace and then had the reception in the "barn". there are suites upstairs where you can even spend the night. they had about 120 people ...
  • KateeamberKateeamber member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been looking into Het Landhuis in Pittsboro, NC.
    Check out my pictures! http://ajdunlapblog.com/?p=2986 Click like and I will receive free prints.
  • Dupree412Dupree412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem. I would love to find something similar to the angus barn pavillion or the fearington barn that's not so overpriced in the wilmington or raleigh area. Any suggestions?
  • Check out www/carolinabarnweddingsandevents.com
    Great
    place we had a beautiful one here/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards