New York-New York City
Options

Has anyone gone to RK Bridal in nyc?

i was thinking of going there...has anyone gone to rk bridal salon nin manhattan? if so how was your experience there and what was their selection like?

Re: Has anyone gone to RK Bridal in nyc?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They have a huge selection but you should know what you want to see.  The woman who helped me just brought dresses that matched or were similar to the pictures I brought with me.  She did not really make any suggestions.  You can also look through the racks yourself.

You put your name on the list as soon as you get there and then they call your name.

HTH
  • Options
    jenniemarrasjenniemarras member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and was not impressed at all.  There are a TON of dresses and I felt overwhelmed.  It was not the experience I was hoping for but there is a lot of selection.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it is definitely not a salon. it's basically a discount warehouse. picture Century 21 only with wedding gowns, and not designer stuff. show up as early as you can becuse you put your name down on the list and stand there with the gowns you pick out until it's your turn to try on. there is always a line ahead of you and they generally close the line an hour or hour and a half before closing the store.

i didn't have luck there for my wedding gown, but my bridesmaids ordered their dresses from there, once we had found the right dresses elsewhere in a calmer environment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went, and that's where I found my dress.  Great selection but be energized and prepared to really LOOK.  There are a ton of racks, and you have to hunt yourself.  Bring a friend who knows your body and what you like.  Go when it opens, so you don't have a long, long wait.  And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, get Gilda as your associate.  She rules.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    do they have a variety of sizes or is it all sample sizes?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids' dresses from there but the wait time for dresses is about 12wks. The dresses run small and if you have anyone that is a size 14+ there aren't many dresses for them to try on. The associates are really nice and helpful. Even though I did not get the dresses from them I would recommend going to the showroom even if its just to get an idea of the look you want.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies all your help is much appreciated...
  • Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GET GILDA!  She found my dress too.

As far as larger sizes, they have a huge rack of plus size dresses, which is a must for anyone at a size 14.  It's better to clip a big dress than to "imagine" a small dress.

Not a LUXURIOUS experience, but Gilda has 25 years doing this and looked right at me and said "i have the dress for you". 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto that they have a huge selection of larger samples to try on, from bridal 14 - 20 or so.  Great selection there, all around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks again i finally went i got gilda too and she is now nicknamed "the dress wisperer" lol she didn't find the ONE but she definitely led me on the right path. before i went there and got her much needed help i was looking for the totally wrong style.... i owe her my sanity xoxoxoxox
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards