Ohio-Toledo
Options

Toledo Area Wedding Dress Preservation

Hi Toledo Brides, I recently got married and want to know where I should go to get my dress cleaned and preserved?

Re: Toledo Area Wedding Dress Preservation

• Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After calling around to a few local places and feeling a bit sticker-shocked, I ended up going through www.wedclean.com.   It was cheaper and really easy - they send you the box to ship it in (with prepaid label) and then it's shipped right back to you perfectly cleaned and preserved.

I'd highly recommend it! :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also used wedclean and was extremely happy.  My dress was VERY dirty on the underside of the train as our wedding was outside.  I literally had mud on the bottom of my dress.  When I got my dress back, I could not see the stains anymore.  One thing that I did appreciate was that wedclean sent me a very apologetic letter back with my dress saying that they could still see some of the dirt under their high powered lighting and described exactly where.  Even with it pointed out to me, I could not see the stain.  However, I appreciated the honesty and really had a good feeling about the company as a whole.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adams Laundry and Cleaners (it's around $160 there, I believe)
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Pam Thomas do all my alterations...and she actually recommended not having the dress "preserved."  Can't remember why it was she said that, though. She said best thing to do is get it professionally cleaned...roll it up...and place it inside a king-sized pillowcase.  Any one else heard of that?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nyrek--I had not heard of that, but it makes sense to me.  Once you get it preserved, if you open that box you've once again exposed to it to the air and effectively have undone the preservation.  So, for the cost of preservation it's really only good for a very long-term solution... like if you would only get it out to show your grown children or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards