Nebraska-Omaha

Reasonable Cakes???

We are trying to get married on a pretty tight budget and $2-5 a slice seems absolutely outragous to me!
I know there is an option to do sheet cake for part of your count, which saves a lot of money.
But does anyone know where I can get a reasonable cake? 
My max budget for 200 slices is $250 but would definately like to spend less if possible!
Please help!!!

Re: Reasonable Cakes???

• csi_duckcsi_duck member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm going with No Frills Supermarket. The prices are very reasonable, there are some great options for styles, and the cake tastes wonderdul.

• mflogstadmflogstad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Upsteam, they have fairly decent prices
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_reasonable-cakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:5ee7655d-43bc-4228-bc85-15570a01d62bPost:20b11487-f764-4de9-8c25-027c1b51373b">Re: Reasonable Cakes???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Upsteam, they have fairly decent prices
    Posted by mflogstad[/QUOTE]

Upstream does cakes? And for some reason I would assume they would be expensive.

Honestly, I would try Hy-Vee or Walmart. And I don't care who wants to trash talk their cakes but seriously, they have some good delicious cake.

• edited December 2011
    My FSIL is doing our cake for pretty cheap. She bakes on the side and has AMAZING desserts. 
  • edited December 2011
    We used Linda Tills. It was 176 total for 4 tier cake with alternating fillings, sheet cake, ribbon, flower petals, delivery, and setup. She does one cake per week. The cake is SOOOOO good! Def the cheapest we'd found, and we searched around. 

She quotes at 0.75 a slice. :)
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    may I recommend Love You Cakes with Carol Smolskey- http://loveyoucakes.com/

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_reasonable-cakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:5ee7655d-43bc-4228-bc85-15570a01d62bPost:389b4b17-8d66-4494-b54b-8e9f1106d8ed">Re: Reasonable Cakes???</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used Linda Tills. It was 176 total for 4 tier cake with alternating fillings, sheet cake, ribbon, flower petals, delivery, and setup. She does one cake per week. The cake is SOOOOO good! Def the cheapest we'd found, and we searched around.  She quotes at 0.75 a slice. :)
    Posted by rachjim[/QUOTE]

<div><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;background-color:#ffffff;" class="Apple-style-span">I actually contacted her a week or so back because someone else had recommended her to me and she said she was getting out of the business. Thanks for the suggestion though!! </span></div>
  • edited December 2011
    Oh...that's so sad! :( I hope she will still do our anniversary cake for us at our 1 year! She does such great work! 
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Check HyVee on 132 and Dodge.  The cake decorater (Heather) is awesome.  I have heard the cakes are reasonable.  We are looking at her as a possibility too.  We are wanting to do a 2 tier cake then a sheet cake as you had mentioned.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone Visit Omaha.Weddings.com Visit Sports.weddings.com
  • edited December 2011
    Marypat Guerrier! 

She's amazing... so friendly, and her cakes are really good. She's $1.75/slice.

She used to be a social worker who only baked on the side -- the elderly folks home she worked at closed, so now she's baking full time!

Her email is ntsomchmpw@yahoo.com. :)

• MrsKava2012MrsKava2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Garden Cafe has an Italian wedding cake which is white cake with strawberries and whipped cream for $69 for a sheet cake that serves 100-110 people.  Obviously if you want tiers and decoration this is not for you.  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards