Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

OL Tuesday

Dear FI,
Thanks for helping out with last-minute wedding stuff. You're just amazing.
-Grateful almost-Mrs.

Re: OL Tuesday

• Options
    Dear Tuesday,
    I am not excited about you.  Please be over soon.
    -Tired Worker-
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Dear Self, 
    How can you have a college degree with no basic math skills? 
    -frustrated self-
  • Options
    Dear Kathleen,
    Right there with ya.
    -Only remembers enough math to get through the subject I teach

Dear Amy,
    Got your sweet thank you card in the mail over the weekend!
    <3<3<3
    Anniversary

• Options
    Dear Fellow Knotties:

Thank you for making me laugh on a daily basis!  Your funny banter makes my day more relaxing Smile
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dear Knotties,
    I think I'm coming to Dallas Thursday night, if anyone wants to try to do something then or Friday.

Dear self,
    Yes, it is annoying that the little weight-loss app you downloaded seems to always be running in the background of your phone, but think of it as a reminder to get off your growing butt and go for a jog.
    -Desperately in need of motivation

Dear Feast for Crows,
    Please don't be as depressing as Storm of Swords was.  I will cry.  A lot.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Dear Self,
    You MUST order invites today. Must, must, must!
    -Queen of Procrastination
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dear Carrollton Police Officers,
    I understand you are doing your job, but pulling me over when I am running late to drop my car off before work was not the best way to start my day. I apologize for the excessive speeding.....
    Sincerely
    -You got me

Dear FH,
    I love you and I know you are terribly busy with work, but lets knock off at least one thing off your wedding to-do list this week ok? I know I am having a blast with all the planning, but there are a few things I CAN'T do.. like make YOUR guest list.. much appreciated love!!!
    -Your fancy fiance

Dear DFW ISD's
    HIRE ME!!!!!! You know you want to. I am a fantastic teacher in need of experience.. how do I gain experience without you hiring me! Trust me, you wont be disappointed! It would just be the icing on the top of this amazing year
    -Call me maybe?
  • Options
    Dear self-
    Pelase stop signing up for random company groups that have nothing ot do with your accounting degree.
    -Signed the new head of "video communications"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:0a25f25b-d7e5-494d-b613-375d446d9ae0">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear self- Pelase stop signing up for random company groups that have nothing ot do with your accounting degree. -Signed the new head of "video communications"
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

BAHAHAHA Same. I'm now on the 'Fun committee'.
  • Options
    Dear self, Take the time to eat today. So you won't be starving tonight and eat everything in sight. Also you need to get back to the gym. Dear DM, Please don't oveoad me with information on the phone call today. I'm still processing everything from being gone a week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Carrie - at least yours has fun in the name! haha

ejheart - you are getting married the day after me go order your invitations!! lol where are you getting them from? I purchased from an etsy vendor and it took her about a month to do everything from start to finish
  • Options
    arco13arco13 member
    First Comment
    In Response to Re: OL Tuesday:
    [QUOTEDear DFW ISD's HIRE ME!!!!!! You know you want to. I am a fantastic teacher in need of experience.. how do I gain experience without you hiring me! Trust me, you wont be disappointed! It would just be the icing on the top of this amazing year -Call me maybe?
    Posted by abwatts[/QUOTE]

Have you done any substitute teaching? That's what my mom did for a year before getting hired full time.

My (not so dear) Jeep,
    Please, just make it one more drive up to the dealership, so I can say goodbye to you forever, and hello to my new Nissan Versa!

Dear Mother, Grandmother, FI and and Friends,
    Thank you for carting my butt around for the last couple of weeks. I know I normally do a lot of driving during the day, making not having a car next to impossible, but you helped me navigate to and from my 2 job schedule.

Dear work,
    Please let FI leave at 5 today so that he can come drink beers and watch the ASG tonight. Go Rangers!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:0d6348f1-0a25-49ec-acbe-8b7233ce901e">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : [QUOTEDear DFW ISD's HIRE ME!!!!!! You know you want to. I am a fantastic teacher in need of experience.. how do I gain experience without you hiring me! Trust me, you wont be disappointed! It would just be the icing on the top of this amazing year -Call me maybe? Posted by abwatts[/QUOTE] <strong>Have you done any substitute teaching? That's what my mom did for a year before getting hired full time.</strong> My (not so dear) Jeep, Please, just make it one more drive up to the dealership, so I can say goodbye to you forever, and hello to my new Nissan Versa! Dear Mother, Grandmother, FI and and Friends, Thank you for carting my butt around for the last couple of weeks. I know I normally do a lot of driving during the day, making not having a car next to impossible, but you helped me navigate to and from my 2 job schedule. Dear work, Please let FI leave at 5 today so that he can come drink beers and watch the ASG tonight. Go Rangers!
    Posted by arco13[/QUOTE]

Not yet, because if you sub you dont get insurance, nor is it garunteed hours... so we are trying to get FH a better job within the next year, so if I DONT get a job this year (unacceptable) he will be ina better position to put me on his insurance and supplement income.. ugh!
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:b5817dc6-e57b-4054-8d11-fc7e9ad5cfe0">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Carrie - at least yours has fun in the name! <strong>haha ejheart - you are getting married the day after me go order your invitations!! lol where are you getting them from?</strong> I purchased from an etsy vendor and it took her about a month to do everything from start to finish
    Posted by AshJohnson30[/QUOTE]

Ash, I'm ordering from WeddingPaperDivas (ugh, that name just makes me cringe). We had an issue with our samples, so that helped me to procrastinate even more, but I can rush them for not too much more (today) and they'll be here not later than Monday. :) We'll still be in the 6-8 week window once they're sent (thankfully) because we have a late response date. We also sent STDs with all the info on our website, so I'm not too worried about it...but I would like to get it done!

I don't know what it is about details, but I HATE messing with them. I get all obsessive over the little things (e.g. fonts, wording, font size) and then I get flustered and don't want to mess with it (mostly because no one cares, but I do). Haha. I know, I'm cray.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:fa0703e6-0c93-4fad-93d1-589977d18794">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Carrollton Police Officers, I understand you are doing your job, but pulling me over when I am running late to drop my car off before work was not the best way to start my day. I apologize for the excessive speeding..... Sincerely -You got me Posted by abwatts[/QUOTE]

Was it a motorcycle cop that pulled you over? I used to date one in Carrollton, so I avoid their city limits at all costs. As much as I would love for him to pull me over just for kicks, I would hate to go to jail for belittling an officer of the law by commenting that he looks like Dudley Doright or a Canadian Mountie.
  • Options
    Dear Amanda,
    If you end up at Jorg's one night, you know I'll be there!  Glad the thank-you note made it to you!  I was a little worried a few of the postcards might get lost in the mail, but they all seemed to be making it thusfar *whew*!
    -Me-

Dear New Crockpot,
    I've never used you before and I've never left a crockpot on all day when I was gone for more than 2-3 hours.  Please let my apartment be standing when I get home tonight.
    - Excessively worried -
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:5e3dfbb6-45db-4787-8d08-ea9354c1c7c3">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Amanda, If you end up at Jorg's one night, you know I'll be there!  Glad the thank-you note made it to you!  I was a little worried a few of the postcards might get lost in the mail, but they all seemed to be making it thusfar *whew*! -Me-<strong> Dear New Crockpot, I've never used you before and I've never left a crockpot on all day when I was gone for more than 2-3 hours.  Please let my apartment be standing when I get home tonight. - Excessively worried -</strong>
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]
    This will be me if I ever get a crockpot. 
    H's mom leaves her scentsy on all day while she's at work..I looked at her like she was crazy. 
    That would drive me to have a mental breakdown.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:5e3dfbb6-45db-4787-8d08-ea9354c1c7c3">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear Amanda, If you end up at Jorg's one night, you know I'll be there!  Glad the thank-you note made it to you!  I was a little worried a few of the postcards might get lost in the mail, but they all seemed to be making it thusfar *whew*! -Me- <strong>Dear New Crockpot, I've never used you before and I've never left a crockpot on all day when I was gone for more than 2-3 hours.  Please let my apartment be standing when I get home tonight. - Excessively worried -</strong>
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Don't fret! I use crock pots ALL the time... they are dummy-proof (hence why I use mine all the time)!
    Before wedding planning got crazy we were using it once or twice a week (and we have leftovers, too.
    Me LOVE crock pot.
  • Options
    The crockpot we just got rid of was the crockpot from hell.  That thing, even on it's low setting, would cook chicken breasts from frozen to done in about.... 3 hours.   It ran that hot, so I never EVER left that sucker on when I was gone more than 2-3 hours.  I haven't used this new fancypants one we got from our wedding yet, so then my genius self up and decides to just try it out by leaving it at home all day.  Doh.  I'm sure its fine... it's definitely fine... yeah, it's fine.  Right? lol

I love crockpots too, Carrie.  I making two crockpot dishes this week -- mmm, thank you, SkinnyTaste!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:0ace6fb3-b727-419f-95bf-310db41bd081">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OL Tuesday : Was it a motorcycle cop that pulled you over? I used to date one in Carrollton, so I avoid their city limits at all costs. As much as I would love for him to pull me over just for kicks, I would hate to go to jail for belittling an officer of the law by commenting that he looks like Dudley Doright or a Canadian Mountie.
    Posted by courtski2004[/QUOTE]

IN FACT it was a motorcycle cop.. officer heinmeyer. There was a slew of them out there ruining peoples mornings one by one!
  • Options
    Amy you're totally fine! I've been working mine into the ground for about 3 years. I think you have been jaded!
  • Options
    Dear 40 people who still haven't RSVP'd after I sent an invite, a reminder postcard (since I forgot to put the time), AND messaged  you on fb with the link to our wedding website to rsvp there,

GRRRRRRRRRRR

- Had to get that out of my system

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Dear abwatts,

Are you sure about the insurance thing?  Because I'm fairly certain I had to fill out insurance info when I subbed in Waco.  You might check with some of the districts -- it might be just basic coverage, but I'm sure it's there.  I know subbing is a great way to break into some schools, because if you can get to know some dept. chairs, they will try to snap you up as soon as they can.  What do you teach?

Dear Stacy's Garden Vegetable Medley Pita Chips,
    You are way more delicious than I could have dreamed of and ruining my healthy eating plan.  ;_;
    Anniversary

• Options
    Amy the crockpot will be fine. I use mine all the time. I leave it on low for about 8 hrs while I'm at work. My house is still standing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Dear Professor,
    Last I checked none of the districts I looked at had insurance. But I could be wrong. I will definitely scope that out again. But even so, I am worried that if I substitute it wont be steady income at first, and until FH finds something better thats really not an option.

I was invited  to a targeted job-fair for Dallas ISD next weekend, so I am keeping my fingers crossed tight!  I teach EC-6, Math 4-8 and Special Ed EC-12. I would prefer to be in an elementary school, but I would love to teach ANYTHING at this point! Beggars can't be choosers.

• Options
    Dear DFW Knotties,
    I have a friend that just got engaged, and wants to get married somewhere in the Hill Country. I went to check out the other Texas boards to see if I could find some suggestions to give her and their boards are, like, DEAD and it made me so sad for those girls.
    -Lucky Knottie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:089476c1-a996-43ca-8d20-5c6c857b65ef">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear DFW Knotties, I have a friend that just got engaged, and wants to get married somewhere in the Hill Country. I went to check out the other Texas boards to see if I could find some suggestions to give her and their boards are, like, DEAD and it made me so sad for those girls. -Lucky Knottie
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>I know!  I keep wanting to suggest TK to my MOH because she was saying they have like 20 places to check out, but the Houston board is always dead!</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I am trying to find the name of a place that was suggested to us for our HM that I know does weddings.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options

ejheart - that's good you'll get the invites quickly. Give yourself a deadline to order so you can't procrastinate anymore

abwatts - good luck with the job fair! what other districts have you looked at?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_ol-tuesday-144?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:617d7005-369a-4627-b54b-73c98c16f250Post:089476c1-a996-43ca-8d20-5c6c857b65ef">Re: OL Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear DFW Knotties, I have a friend that just got engaged, and wants to get married somewhere in the Hill Country. I went to check out the other Texas boards to see if I could find some suggestions to give her and their boards are, like, DEAD and it made me so sad for those girls. -Lucky Knottie
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]<div>OHHH, my dream wedding would have been at Barr Mansion!  We seriously considered getting married somewhere in the hill country, but decided against it.  

</div>
  • Options
    So far the ones we've looked at are Wild Onion Ranch and Camp Lucy. Both are so gorgeous.
    And Kylie, thanks... I'll send her that venue!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards