Kentucky

SMT Music Unprofessional

I'll start by saying that I didn't end up using SMT music, but had extensive correspondence with them, mostly through repeat emails. Their contact person may be a great musician, but he definitely lacks people skills. In our first conversation he insulted another bride's brother who performed with them as a vocalist, and in later correspondence he made petty remarks more appropriate for an adolescent. Nothing offensive, just casual things that were probably said without thinking. Still, I would proceed with caution.  

Re: SMT Music Unprofessional

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unprofessional vendors drive me nuts.  It's a definite red flag of things to come during your event.  Definitely proceed with caution here!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on the unprofessional vendors.  I am still dealing with a limo service that I cancelled in May who hasn't refunded me yet.  Stay away from Aztec Limo services.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely stay away from Aztec.  They're horrible.  A friend got married over the weekend and used them, and they had 2 other pickups in the hour that they had booked.  The driver nearly left without them!  There were groomsmen literally standing in front of the car so he couldn't leave.  It was really bad. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And, at that same wedding, the DJ was flirting with some guests.  Seriously, not joking.  It was so tacky and unprofessional.  That one was Hey Mr. DJ (not to be confused with Hay DJ who I've heard great things about). 
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went two a wedding two weekends ago where the limo burst into flames on the way to pick up the bride and groom. I never heard if they were refunded (I hope) but it makes for an interesting story at least. :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_smt-music-unprofessional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:86Discussion:54da8bf3-fdad-4455-85f3-7a840edc4eb2Post:d4f60052-b312-4f12-b7bc-10f9e063e7e1">Re: SMT Music Unprofessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went two a wedding two weekends ago where the limo burst into flames on the way to pick up the bride and groom. I never heard if they were refunded (I hope) but it makes for an interesting story at least. :)
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

That's crazy!!! 
  • edited December 2011
    My FI went on a bachlor party bus with his friends and it caught on fire on the highway.  They got picked up by some church bus that took them to safety while they waited for the company to bring them another vehicle!
  • faeriechyldfaeriechyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using SMT Music for our wedding in Louisville, and my Uncle, who is an accomplished vocalist in Chicago and singing at my wedding, has been very impressed with Stephen Taylor.  Granted, I haven't had any experience with him myself, but we haven't had any problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards