Wedding Etiquette Forum

Howdy folks! It's night time!

Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!

• eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I usually wait a while before I get the feeds. I have to see if it's worth it. The last few seasons haven't been. Now with Janelle back, I definitely want them. 
  • I don't watch BB. I do like shows like that though, so maybe I should start.
  • I know nothing about Big Brother. I was under the impression that it's just watching a bunch of people live together. Or is there more to it than that?
  • I keep trying to stay caught up in the thread but my cat will not stop crawling all over me so I can't type. Then when he stops, I lose track of him until I hear a little meowl in my ear and then this happens:

It's every bit as creepy as it looks.
  • Leisel - they put a bunch of people in a house together, and they have competitions for various powers, and food and comfort items, and every week the vote someone out.  It's very much a game of strategy and manipulation.
  • Well ladies I'm heading to bed. Good night!
  • Good night Midge.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:bc33c16f-071a-4d58-97d1-42d632b92af2">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm making a list of possible books to look for to pick up for our gift for my soon-to-be-born nephew. (We're making a Baby's Library type of thing.. mostly of book for Baby-3y old, not our favourite novels or things like that). Anyone have a book they think I MUST include, or any great ideas of where to look for these books? (I don't watch BB, so I don't have much to add to that conversation).
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    The Pokey Little Puppy was my favorite when I was itty-bitty. The Runaway Bunny is a really good one too. 
  • Sorry late on this. But I despise Brit in a way that is not appropriate for TK censorship. lol. I just think she is exactly the type of person that I would strongly butt heads with IRL. I had the feeds when she was on and she was just an awful human being. She wished a lot of nasty things upon Rachel. Which, I know Rachel isn't the most popular player, but seriously. She can go DIAF. 
  • Also, in BB, the winner gets $500k.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:fac446bd-807a-49c0-928d-e06d2736f9c6">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry late on this. But I despise Brit in a way that is not appropriate for TK censorship. lol. I just think she is exactly the type of person that I would strongly butt heads with IRL. I had the feeds when she was on and she was just an awful human being. She wished a lot of nasty things upon Rachel. Which, I know Rachel isn't the most popular player, but seriously. She can go DIAF. 
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I don't really remember that, but I'm not saying that it isn't true, or that it's ok.

However, I do feel like Rachel brough a LOT of the crap that she got onto herself, and must not have been too affected by it since she did BB again last year, KWIM?
  • My favorite baby/kids books that I remember.

Good Night Moon
    A Very Hungry Caterpiller
    The Poky Little Puppy

• eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I don't remember what she wished for with Rachel. It sounds familiar but I do remember her saying really nasty things about her.
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    My favorite book was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. .. and it still is. When I read it to my niece I kind of rap it. I don't know if that's appropriate.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Rachel and Brendon did the last season of The Amazing Race too, that aired over the winter.  I forget if they came in 2nd or 3rd.  I just know they didn't win.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:6282f9b1-0162-4bfe-af60-5b90d7a7edf4">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howdy folks! It's night time! : I picked up The Runaway Bunny as a board book already. Have to look at THe Pokey Little Puppy, don't think I know that one, thanks!
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]
    I just read the synopsis on wiki of Poky Little Puppy because I was trying to remember what it was about. Turns out it's basically about puppies going to bed without dessert because they are bad. I remember it being so much more epic when I was 3. But the pictures are really cute.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:2ab5535d-7206-4a3f-a8f2-b74180683013">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Howdy folks! It's night time! : I don't really remember that, but I'm not saying that it isn't true, or that it's ok. However, I do feel like Rachel brough a LOT of the crap that she got onto herself, and must not have been too affected by it since she did BB again last year, KWIM?
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You know, I think Rachel's persona on the live or edited shows was different than was portrayed on the live feeds. She was way more normal when just hanging out, but she milked the attention to what personality they gave her, for sure. I actually loved Rachel. I thought she was hilarious and she was a damn good competitor. Brittany on the other hand, rode her way through to the end when she realized that was a terrible idea and maybe should've actually tried harder in comps, etc. I generally dislike people who ride on coattails on principal though. I like the people who are active better. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:56bfd51f-1877-4cc6-b006-bce61974651f">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite book was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. .. and it still is. When I read it to my niece I kind of rap it. I don't know if that's appropriate.
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]
    I remember when my first grade teacher read this book to our class and I was obsessed with it. Good choice!
  • I also hated fucking Porsche last season. She said (on the live feeds) that she wished a miscarriage upon Rachel. Fuuuck her. 
  • heb557heb557 member
    edited July 2012
    Thanks Snail! 

My favorite kiddy books are Chicka Chicka, all the Ramona Quimby books, and Ralph s. Mouse books. Ramona and Ralph books are like 3rd grade reading material back in the day, so now they probably read it in kindergarden..
  • Children's books that I have always loved:

Love you Forever
    The Lorax
    Chicka-Chicka-Boom-Boom
    Goodnight Moon
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:56bfd51f-1877-4cc6-b006-bce61974651f">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My favorite book was Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. .. and it still is. When I read it to my niece I kind of rap it. I don't know if that's appropriate.
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

<div>I was trying to remember the name of this book when I was visiting my friends last week.  I was talking to them about books I read as a kid, and I couldn't remember the name of the book or a way to describe it for the life of me.  My friends have a pretty good library for their son.  Most of the books were hand-me-downs from his cousin or were his mom's and dad's books when they were little.  </div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Oh, I loved the Ramona books! And I also loved Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing and Superfudge by Judy Blume.

I actually loved all things Judy Bloom.
  • heb557heb557 member
    I used to have the version of Chicka Chicka with a cassette tape, obviously that was hi-tech back in the day. I wish I still had it.
  • eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    I really hated Porsche. I actually liked Rachel last season. To me she was the same on the feeds but of course they make it more dramatic on the show. Jesse, look for Harold and the Purple Crayon. My daughter loved that book.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_howdy-folks-its-night-time?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ffcdc56c-c306-4b04-86c4-4b1ed59135bdPost:71a5eeb0-3642-4fdd-b31b-554ec3f5e2bb">Re: Howdy folks! It's night time!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Snail!  My favorite kiddy books are Chicka Chicka, all the<strong> Ramona Quimby books</strong>, and Ralph s. Mouse books. Ramona and Ralph books are like 3rd grade reading material back in the day, so now they probably read it in kindergarden..
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

<div>I loved the Ramona Quimby books!  I also read a lot of Babysitter's Club and Boxcar Children.  </div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • heb557heb557 member
    I too love all things Judy Blume!
  • That sucks, Holly. Buying a car is the worst. :( What kind of car do you have now? 
  • heb557heb557 member
    Holly- That stinks. I would too think about getting a new car. May I recommend looking for a car that was a 3 year lease? That's what I did when I got my car.. I do have to say though if your looking at buying brand new interest rates are much lower..
  • Books! I love books. Look at this Etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagekidsbooks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards