Military Brides

Real Confessions

124»

Re: Real Confessions

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_real-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b5761472-9169-4eaf-8118-e46280c6dfc5Post:0414acdf-ad42-4cff-88c9-dd8a8f4056e2">Re: Real Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess.... I don't have the ring yet but we've been planning our wedding for at least two months. Our date is June 9, seven months away. I already designed our STDs. haha. I also confess... I don't think I'm supposed to know but I'm 90% positive he's going to propose either this Friday or this Sunday. I can't wait. I know he has the ring and I think he's just waiting for my OOT sister to come this wekend.
    Posted by 57rainbows[/QUOTE]

Have you been planning by yourself, or is he aware of/helping with the planning?
    If he is helping, eh... whatevs. I didn't have a ring when we started planning. (He had deployed and didn't get the ring in time... he proposed the week after he returned from the deployment) A marriage is a mutual agreement, not a diamond. :P
    You should probably be sending out those STDs soon (5-6 month mark). Does your family know you guys have a date set?
    Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    And I confess that it is 2pm and I am already in my pj's.  In my defense I go to bed between 6:30-7:30 so that I can be Little Miss Sunshine when I open at work at 4:45 in the morning!!  Oh! and I totally put my math test on the fridge.  I got a 98! It was totally fridge worthy!!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    haha sami I neer got out of my pjs! of cours it's only 1130am here... and H is still asleep because he has a night flight so we stayed up playing the new Uncharted until about 3am... but yea. :P
    hahaha I love that you put your math test on the fridge! and way to go! I definitely did NOT do that well on my last math test... lol..
  • edited December 2011
    Sami- color me jealous about the jammies!!! I wish!

Confession- I am going to slap my professor silly.  Yeah I think that was my confession yesterday too but this woman is just being a gaint PIT! 

Confession 2- I have done not one thing work related today.  YIKES!
  • edited December 2011
    Confession - I am really anxious about getting married. You hear so much about military couples and cheating, and it makes me pretty nuts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession: I am beyond thankful for my photographer and pastor. Neither one is charging us anything. Our pastor just asked for gas money but that was it. :]
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I haven't shaved my legs since I came back to WI a month ago. FI can't see them, it's been cold, and I just didn't feel like itTongue out 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_real-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:b5761472-9169-4eaf-8118-e46280c6dfc5Post:14b98de9-a328-4eae-a7ae-c31c2d4b217d">Re: Real Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession - I am really anxious about getting married. You hear so much about military couples and cheating, and it makes me pretty nuts.
    Posted by Megan0416[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I felt that way for a bit because my dad cheated on my mom and it's kinda all I know from marriages in my family.
    But cheating isn't about being in the military, or family history, it's about who YOU are and who HE is.
    You have trusted him so far. ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_real-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b5761472-9169-4eaf-8118-e46280c6dfc5Post:5b3fa247-017d-4770-86c9-4bf20627716c">Re: Real Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Confessions : I know what you mean. I felt that way for a bit because my dad cheated on my mom and it's kinda all I know from marriages in my family. But cheating isn't about being in the military, or family history, it's about who YOU are and who HE is. You have trusted him so far. ;)
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

<div>I also understand where you're coming from, but I totally agree with FTL on this one. Trust is pivotal in any relationship, especially one where there will obviously be distances involved. I think what matters is maintaining that mutual knowledge and feeling of being loved, even across long distances and periods of separation. Why would I want to cheat on someone who so obviously loves me? and vice versa, ya know? </div><div>
    </div><div>I think a lot of people end up at a loss for how to show love/respect to their SO when they spend so much time apart, and they have trouble maintaining that feeling of being a team. I decided when I met FI that I would -always- put effort into making sure he knows how much I love him and respect him for who he is. It seems to me like some spouses don't do that when their spouse is gone, and it becomes an "out of sight, out of mind" thing. To me, if I would be spending X amount of time doing something with FI if he was here, what's stopping me from spending that time working on some DIY project to send him that shows him I'm thinking about him and missing him? </div><div>
    </div><div>Just my 2 cents worth (okay, probably more like 2 dollars worth.... it was long)</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Confession: I scheduled my first nursing exam and I'm totally freaking out. I feel like I'll never be able to remember all the things I need to remember for this test. (back info: I'm a paramedic and I'm doing a nursing program that is self taught, self paced... but I'm trying to finish it asap so that I can move to live with H once we get married... this is the better option for us because transferring in my work related certs will be almost as complicated, so I might as well do something I'll get paid better for). 

related confession: I'm worried that my boss will get mad when he hears I'm studying for nursing on shift (there have been other people to do this and leave before, and he hasn't seemed to have a problem as long as all our work duties are getting done, but I guess I'm just worried that he'll have a bipolar moment and fire me, even though I don't have anything else to do while I'm at work and we're not running calls). 
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_real-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b5761472-9169-4eaf-8118-e46280c6dfc5Post:6dfbdeda-16d5-4b4d-8b49-f31129f4262f">Re: Real Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I haven't shaved my legs since I came back to WI a month ago. FI can't see them, it's been cold, and I just didn't feel like it  
    Posted by HugsAndKisses135[/QUOTE]

Haha, love this!  I'm guilty of going a few days (er... week...maybe weeks?) without shaving, even when FI is around.  I don't grow hair very quickly, and it's usually not very dark, and it's soft (not pokey) so he doesn't really notice anyway.  I'm way too lazy.

About the cheating thing - I actually get really annoyed when people in real life say things about how military guys are cheaters.  No, individual people are cheaters.  The military doesn't make people into cheaters - in fact, the very basic premises of the military code of conduct would strongly discourage or prohibit cheating (I know adultery is against the law for officers in the USMC, and they can be demoted or given time in the brig).  However, the military lifestyle (long periods of time apart, distance, lack of communication) can make it a lot more convenient for someone who would want to cheat anyway. 

A cheater is gonna cheat.  Someone who would never cheat won't cheat even if they're stationed on the moon alone with a Playboy Playmate.  Okay, maybe that would test most guy's will... but seriously!  Cheating is a choice. 

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_real-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b5761472-9169-4eaf-8118-e46280c6dfc5Post:aeaf4b92-aeac-43ec-993d-528e535a28a1">Re: Real Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Real Confessions : Haha, love this!  I'm guilty of going a few days (er... week...maybe weeks?) without shaving, even when FI is around.  I don't grow hair very quickly, and it's usually not very dark, and it's soft (not pokey) so he doesn't really notice anyway.  I'm way too lazy. About the cheating thing - I actually get really annoyed when people in real life say things about how military guys are cheaters.  No, individual people are cheaters.  The military doesn't make people into cheaters - in fact, the very basic premises of the military code of conduct would strongly discourage or prohibit cheating (I know adultery is against the law for officers in the USMC, and they can be demoted or given time in the brig).  However, the military lifestyle (long periods of time apart, distance, lack of communication) can make it a lot more convenient for someone who would want to cheat anyway.  A cheater is gonna cheat.  <strong><u>Someone who would never cheat won't cheat even if they're stationed on the moon alone with a Playboy Playmate.</u></strong>  Okay, maybe that would test most guy's will... but seriously!  Cheating is a choice. 
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>bahahahahahaha rofl. I love this. </div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards