Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Photography Help!

Hi!!
So i have NO clue what to look for in a photographer and what the right questions to ask are. A lot that i have looked at are over $2000 or closer to $3000, which sounds like a whole lot to me. We are on a super tight budget (would like to keep under 1500 if possible) but would still like the quality and full rights to the pics so we arent paying for each print after the fact.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Photography Help!

• www.portraitnewengland.com

If you e-mail them your budget and an idea of what you need they will design a package you can afford.  My fi and I just decided to go with them.  They are so nice to work with, get back to you right away, their pictures are beautiful, and they are affordable.  Just a suggestion.  Good Luck!!  I felt the same way you do a few weeks ago. :)
    Married to my best friend!! 8/19/12
  • Rhonwen Churchill, she's awesome and very reasonable.
    Anniversary
  • I am using Portrait New England too! Ditto to everything Liane914 said ;)

If you need other suggestions though, I looked at several different photographers before choosing them. PM for recs.
  • Unfortunately Portrait New England is booked for my date!
  • John Loconte is really good too and I think his pricing is in your budget. I'm not sure if he travels to the Cape but it'd be worth asking- he gets great reviews on the Boston boards.
    Berry photos is popular too but their pricing is a little higher.
  • www.johnlophoto.com highly recommend john loconte!
  • www.Berryphotos.com  They give all the images on disc and have no time limits on the wedding day.  They have been fantastic to work with every step of the way and real easy going.  Their style is exactly what we were looking for too.
  • check out rupert whiteley

We picked him b/c we loved his style. His website I think has whole weddings so you can see how he shoots the story of your day. 

When we were looking at photographers, we asked for access to a recent wedding they shot - a lot of these website will showcase their favorite individual pics, but you probably want to see how a whole wedding turns out (e.g., is there really only one or two good pics from a whole wedding?).

HTH
  • I know it seems like a lot of money but you have to try and think of it this way. After all of your hard work, planning, and beautiful wedding day is all over, the photos will be what you have left to remember the day. A friend of mine recently married and went the cheap route on the photog, and it really shows in the pictures she shared, you can really see the difference when you spend the extra money on someone who is very talented. Try and make up for the money elsewhere in the budget, if at all possible. Good luck!
  • you can find a quality photographer for less than 2 grand - do some research, we put an add on craigslist putting our budget and what we were looking for and asked people to submit their websites and pricing. We got some that weren't that great but we also got a few that were amazing - and we got a TON of responses.

Good luck and give it time!
  • Check out Shoreshotz1 photography! Amanda is amazing she did our wedding :)

• I offer all of your images on disc with full printing rights also. My prices are extremely budget friendly and a second shooter is included in every package. =)

FeliciaMcTernanPhotography.Com
  • try www.KaufmanPhoto.com

we ended up going with portrait new england but this was our second choice
  • edited May 2012
    check out Ashley Wills Photography. She did our engagement sessions and was affordable and easy going. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards