Louisiana-New Orleans

Courtyard Wedding on a Budget

I'm looking for a venue that has a courtyard for a ceremony and an indoor reception, but I really need it to be budget friendly.  Any suggestions? I'm from Baton Rouge, so I'm not really familiar with what is available in New Orleans.

Re: Courtyard Wedding on a Budget

• edited December 2011
    What is your budget?  You can try Champagne Palace.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    My venue budget is about $1,300.  Where is the Champagne Palace at? 
    I'm hoping for something in the city of New Orleanse instead of the outlying areas.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try House of Broel. I believe their packages are a bit more than your budget, but it is all inclusive. The owner is a bit......off.....but the courtyard is very pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion.  I sent them an information request.  I should have clarified.  My venue budget was just for the rental of the facillity, not the food and beverages.

Is there anything I should know in particular about the owner?  Also, do you know if they still sell wedding dresses upstairs?  When my sister was planning her wedding 9 years ago there was a bridal salon in the building that was cute.
  • Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They do have dresses displayed in the front window, not sure though.

The owner is just a bit um, quirky maybe? I don't want to sound mean about her or anything, she just pointed out some odd common sinse things to us, or things that didn't really matter, like, made it a point of showing us exactly where we sign the marriage license. She made us all (FI, my parents and myself) sit and look through several photo albums of weddings before she would walk us through the space. If you can get past her, I'm sure it would be a lovely event, I've heard great reviews, it just wasn't hte exact style we were going for.

On the other hand, we booked Benachi House & Gardens which on a Friday or Sunday is only $1500 and the back courtyard is beautiful and big enough for a reception, where as Broel's courtyard seemed a bit squished.

• hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oceana has a great courtyard that is right in the Quarter on Conti/Bourbon. They have great food prices too! We had our RD there.
  • chleoniechleonie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the St. Louis hotel.  I did a lot of research before I chose them.  They will definitely be within your venue budget.  They also supply the food and cake and a suite the night of your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards