South Carolina-Charleston

Rice Mill Recommendations...?

Is anyone getting married at the rice mill or been at the rice mill for a wedding? 

Re: Rice Mill Recommendations...?

• edited December 2011
    I booked the Rice Mill for my June wedding. FI and I had to push our wedding back because of work and stress. When we called 6 months before, they at first seemed understanding, but then began to pester and call and threaten to charge us 25% of what our food should have been. We also did not get our deposit back, and even if we would have just pushed it back and still had it there, we would have only gotten 1/2 of our deposit back (which is the total cost of the venue). This, in addition to the fact that they were hard to work with in terms of me coming into town to do a tasting really turned me off from them.
    It is a beautiful venue, however, it is not set up to accomodate larger parties. It is very split up which can make your guests feel divided. I do hear their food is great though. Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions about it. I have been to it numerous times just never had my own wedding there- I have since decided to move to another venue.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This was one of the venues that I checked out...I was not too impressed with the staff...they knew we were coming and could not get her computer to work and forgot her calendar....and like woodsandminkin said...it does not accomodate large weddings very well. The ceilings are really low and it makes it feel even smaller. The porch is really nice for a small wedding...it looks a lot bigger in pictures then it actually is. Something that I didnt think about until I got there is that there is nowhere for the bride/bridesmaids and groom/groomsmen to hang out before the wedding. That was important to me but might not be important to others...
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's gorgeous and the food is delicious!

Check out my dear friend's Aaron and Laura's photos from their reception there:

• I am considering a wedding reception at Rice Mill this coming August. While the venue is air conditioned, I have been informed that it may get a little hot. Has anyone been to a wedding there in August that can offer me some insight?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards