Ohio-Cincinnati

Budget Cake help in Cincinnati!

Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some wedding cake recommendations. We're doing it VERY cheap. So, I think I'm looking more along the lines of someone who is good but does it on the side.

Any recommendations?

Re: Budget Cake help in Cincinnati!

• And your budget would be what?
    Anniversary
  • you can get really delicious sheet cakes at costco for under $20 then have a small one to cut for the front of house...if you just want to do a round cake on a pedestal for the front of house you could get something from Kroger probably in the $20 range
  • Try Bonomini Bakery in Northside.  They charge per cake, not per slice and they will make you a pre-scored sheet cake for the back.  I have their price sheet.  PM me if you want me to send it to you.
  • Trix and Treats sweets. Our cake and 3 desserts was $277.
  • Sam's or Costco is a great option
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_budget-cake-help-in-cincinnati?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:41d8635a-c05c-4f8a-82b5-43ab75d756d0Post:1e49324e-1feb-4f1e-812f-794090dc83c0">Re: Budget Cake help in Cincinnati!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Bonomini Bakery in Northside.  They charge per cake, not per slice and they will make you a pre-scored sheet cake for the back.  I have their price sheet.  PM me if you want me to send it to you.
    Posted by ucenginerd[/QUOTE]

I am going to second this - and the staff is very friendly and willing to help. I did a tasting there - but we decided to go elsewhere because they don't do the complex fondant work we needed for our Mario-inspired cake..

but otherwise - we totally would have went with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going with Royal Icing by Jillie...She is in the Franklin/Middletown area. I went through 3 cake tastings before we found her and her fondant is to die for! We had gotten prices of up to $500..she is only charging $300 for a 4 tiered cake to feed 114. Let me know if you would like her #
    Cheryl (25) Andy (24) Newlyweds as of 8-17-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_budget-cake-help-in-cincinnati?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:41d8635a-c05c-4f8a-82b5-43ab75d756d0Post:a2dd8b35-3d4f-4ceb-a72f-fc735707b3f6">Re: Budget Cake help in Cincinnati!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trix and Treats sweets. Our cake and 3 desserts was $277.
    Posted by futuregabriel[/QUOTE]

<div>I second Trix and Treats sweets.  We did a small cake for us and cupcakes for our guests (125 people) for $150.  Everything was absolutely beautiful.  I think you can look her up on Facebook if you want to see pictures. </div>
  • Piece of Cake on Glenway Ave in Cincinnati. They're SO affordable (we're spending less than $200 on a cake for 140). Its a small mom & pop bakery and they do AMAZING work. TONS of incredible flavors. If you look on their website all of their pics are pretty dated but if you bring him a picture of what you want he can do ANYTHING, they're just not very tech savvy so thats why their pics and website are a little outdated. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards