Snarky Brides
Options

Ready for the weekend?

Afternoon folks!

i just got home from a shopping expedition extreme.  i found two more neat items for my husband's "Birthday Extravaganza".  Man!  It's getting really, really tough to find stuff.  I might have to hit up Austad's even though it's not like he can actually use golf gear in the winter  ;)

Easy cheese soup for dinner and then a good night's rest to prepare for our packed weekend.  Tomorrow is golfing 9, apple orchard, and then to Kohl's to badger my H into some much needed pants shopping.  i swear that man would was the same pair every night to just avoid shopping.  *sigh*  Then Sunday we're going for a hike in Newton Hills.  Looks like a 6 miler up and down the cliff edge of the river.  Should be fun!  Then Monday will be grocery shopping and me trying to catch up on all the school work I'll be putting off in order to have a fun weekend ;)

What are your plans?

Re: Ready for the weekend?

• Options
    Hey Anna I'm almost headed out the door from work, thank god!

Tonight is yoga, than tomorrow off to the fair in Van Wert about a 3 hour drive. Sunday, we'll spend some time with MIL then head home. I hope to get either the shed or the garage organized, I'll let H choose one.

Cant wait to sleep in!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hey!  Sounds busy.  Tonight is boring, just chilling at home.  Tomorrow I plan to check out the "Paris street market" by my apartment.  They do it every month, so I'm hoping to maybe find some Christmas presents.  And H should be home.  Sunday I have tentative plans to go to a fruit orchard with a friend and her son.  Monday I'm meeting a friend at the zoo with her kids, and if I find good fruit at the orchard, I need to make jam.  And I plan to go to the gym to swim Saturday and Monday.
  • Options
    ooh!   A Paris street market sounds lovely!  I'll bet that will be fun.
  • Options
    H and I walked around it once when we'd first moved in and it was a little antique-y and shabby chic centric, which is not my style, but we walked through it pretty quick so I may have missed something, and regardless, I think I can find something for my SIL for Christmas there.
  • Options
    Why does every place have a fruit orchard but south florida? You'd think we'd atleast have an orange orchard.. right? No? Okay never mind.

Anna, you have a busy weekend ahead of you. Sounds like fun though. Enjoy your hike.

We don't have much planned. I work tomorrow for most of the day. Then a "End of August" celebration dinner at my parents. My dad hates the month of August. Sunday and Monday are going to be spent unpacking and organizing all of our stuff still in boxes from the move a month ago. I'm dreading it but a perfect time to get it done.
  • Options
    Anna, your weekend sounds awesome! And Loopy, that market sounds cool too. People here are really big into yard saling, but I just can't get into it at all. There is an open air market here on Saturdays during the summer but I've never been.

I do miss the fall craft fairs in the city though.

Maybe we'll do some berry picking this weekend. It's almost the end of blueberry season, but still too early for partridgeberries. They can't be picked until after the first frost.

Might be nice to get in some golf too, but there was vandalism at the course this week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like going to craft fairs.  I should google and try to find some craft fairs around here this fall.
  • Options
    I don't know that there are really any craft fairs out here other than the one my church does at the end of October.  It's huge though.  A giant Norwegian Christmas Bazaar.  Complete with all the delish food that I eat as fast as the little old church ladies can make it.  Dang.  Now I want lefse.

Luckily, my package from Lush just arrived so I can spend the evening in a bath.  That should keep my mind off the holidays.  Well, at least make it so they're not on my mind more than usual  ;)
  • Options
    There are lots of orchards in South Florida. You just can't go to them, ha.

I'm waiting for my banana pudding to set. I'm impatient.
  • Options
    I am SO ready!  I just got home from work and my errands.  First thing I did was put sweats on, then I grabbed a brownie and brought my puzzle downstairs.

We don't have any plans, but I have a ton of paperwork to get caught up on.  I hope to get that done and just get some relaxing. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Sigh.  And the first thing Box Kitty does?  Lays down on my puzzle.

• Options
    Sesh!   You were in part of my dreams last night.  We came across you while hiking to the Spirit Mounds in search of the little people.  You said you lost the trail you were following and asked me where I got my walking stick since you seemed to think you needed one to get you back on your path.  We shared our water and I shared my butterscotch cookies with you and then we left you sitting on a rock on the edge of the prairie.

So long story short, i woke up all agitated that you need a walking stick  and don't have one ;)
  • Options
    Ha! Who are the little people?

I have 3 walking sticks at home. Next time, remind me and I'll bring them to dream world.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:bcd97b10-d157-4dda-aa7b-d0c7d2173f1b">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha! Who are the little people? I have 3 walking sticks at home. Next time, remind me and I'll bring them to dream world.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what Lewis and Clark called them when they were searching for the big headed, little, warrior dwarves that lived in the hills by Vermillion, SD.  Supposedly little devils.or demons.   The Lakota say that some 350 warriors once made the mistake of setting up camp one night near the mounds and by morning most were dead and those alive were crippled terribly.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>We're making a trip down that way in the next month to see if I can spot them.  Maybe I'd get lucky and they would impart some great wisdom on me.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:9166d477-1e25-4bbd-ad24-701ca79093f5">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh!   You were in part of my dreams last night.  We came across you while hiking to the Spirit Mounds in search of the little people.  You said you lost the trail you were following and asked me where I got my walking stick since you seemed to think you needed one to get you back on your path.  We shared our water and I shared my <strong>butterscotch cookies</strong> with you and then we left you sitting on a rock on the edge of the prairie. So long story short, i woke up all agitated that you need a walking stick  and don't have one ;)
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Is this real? If so, recipe! Please?
  • Options
    And out of all the post butterscotch cookies is what catches my eye. I haven't had sweets in awhile so forgive me.

JK thats what kitties live for.
  • Options
    Anna & Loopy - your sig pics are similar enough that when I'm half paying attention, I thought you were talking to yourself. I clearly need a three day weekend!

Sesh, banana pudding sounds good. Are you making anything with it?

My only real plan is to watch the Ducks game tomorrow, I'm ridiculously excited college football is finally back! Otherwise I plan on doing lots of reading and lounging.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:1f74aeac-3a0b-46d6-8f24-c181d517a4ec">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sigh.  And the first thing Box Kitty does?  Lays down on my puzzle.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Bwahaha... Foiled :)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:45e8814c-7213-4b03-b55a-2796e95db7cf">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And out of all the post butterscotch cookies is what catches my eye. I haven't had sweets in awhile so forgive me. JK thats what kitties live for.
    Posted by SunriseAmber[/QUOTE]

<div>I totally just use the recipe on the back of the bag of nestle's butterscotch chips.  It's an oatmel butterscotch cookie.</div>
  • Options
    Box kitty wants attention. 

I'm going to make KD's beer BBQ chicken tomorrow and chalupa to take over to my mom's on Sunday.  What did I ever do before a slow cooker? 
  • Options
    I like butterscotch candies, but not a huge fan of the butterscotch chips that are usually used in cookies.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:e68161f9-9b3e-47e8-9a25-fd0434fb249e">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna & Loopy - your sig pics are similar enough that when I'm half paying attention, I thought you were talking to yourself. I clearly need a three day weekend! Sesh, banana pudding sounds good. <strong>Are you making anything with it?</strong> My only real plan is to watch the Ducks game tomorrow, I'm ridiculously excited college football is finally back! Otherwise I plan on doing lots of reading and lounging.
    Posted by brittneyc4[/QUOTE]

Like what? It's mostly just pudding, bananas, and nilla wafers. But I'm trying something new. I just did a layer of vanilla pudding that is done setting and I'm going to top it with chocolate pudding. It will either taste disgusting, or supremely awesome.

It was H's idea, so if it fails, I can blame it on him.
  • Options
    Butterscotch chips are gross.  They remind me of a scotcheroo I ate shortly before coming down with a stomach bug.

Box Kitty got new toys today.  She was loving them until I brought out the puzzle, haha.  She disappeared now though.

• Options
    That sounds good to me, Sesh!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ready-for-the-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f855f316-73f5-432a-8a4e-97d9f0f22fe2Post:bfac7d6a-fbf2-40eb-bd87-fdc11f7f811e">Re: Ready for the weekend?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ready for the weekend? : Like what? It's mostly just pudding, bananas, and nilla wafers. But I'm trying something new. I just did a layer of vanilla pudding that is done setting and I'm going to top it with chocolate pudding. It will either taste disgusting, or supremely awesome. It was H's idea, so if it fails, I can blame it on him.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't know you already had the wafers in it - that's how I always serve mine but a lot of people hadn't heard of that before I guess? The chocolate pudding sounds like it'd be good together.
  • Options
    That sounds good to me Sesh.  I'd try it :)
  • Options
    Hi guys!

I wish our small town had good festivals. The last one I went to had about 5 or 6 stands set up. It's kinda sad. 

Weekends are pretty awesome now that H is home. :-) I think we're going to go shopping for baby stuff tomorrow and going out to dinner. It's kind of a big deal since all the good places to eat are in Jax. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Woohoo LHT.  Do you have much left to do for the baby?  You're getting so close!  Are you ready?

• Options
    Well if I had the baby tomorrow, we'd have everything we need to get us through. Will I ever really be ready? haha, probably not!

We have to get random crap like a changing pad, car seat mirror, and stuff like that.

How about you? Have you gotten the big things done?

H put together the swing, stroller, and baby gate last weekend which was awesome. I forgot how nice to was to have someone else do something big like that. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    No.  But our crib was delivered yesteday but H still needs to put it together. And the mattress is in our apartment office so I need to get H to pick that up so I don't have to lug it around or try to get it into my car.  So now I have a crib, a glider, two onesies, and a couple of diapers LOL.  We have a shower in 2 weeks and another in 3 weeks so after that I'll get whatever else we still need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards