Massachusetts-Boston

Lakeview Pavilion Foxboro- review from a guest!

Hi everyone,

I just went to a wedding at lakeview pavilion and if anyone is looking for a gorgeous venue, i highly reccomend it! everything was beautiful, the grounds are well-kept and the gazebo would be a great spot for a summer ceremony. the food was great and the cake was delicious! everything looked modern and the lounge/cocktail area was fab. if I didn't already have my venue (which i LOVE) this would totally be on my list!

Re: Lakeview Pavilion Foxboro- review from a guest!

• Diana1724Diana1724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for writing that!!! I am having my reception there next May! It's always good to hear positive and current feedback!!!

What did you have for dinner?
  • Annakat1028Annakat1028 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, thank you for writing that! I actually was just about to post a question about LVP. I went and looked at it and fell in love with it immediately. I would absolutely love my wedding to be there, but was a bit concerened with the money. In comparison with other venues, it was about the same but looking at such a big number scares me haha

@ Diana1724 -- are you having yours on a Saturday? We are hoping for a Saturday next June and it's going to be roughly $25K ... I was hoping to be able to negoiate down but it didn't seem like there was much room for that.
  • edited December 2011
    the food was so fab for wedding food! I had a chicken dish w/ grapes and like a red wine sauce w/ mashed potatos and asparagus.  my friend is vegetarian and i tried her dish which was rice w/ eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, etc. it was really yummy. 
  • KimandTKimandT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for this post!  I am getting married there next April and keep second guessing myself...since that's what I do. A coworker of mine also went to a wedding there this past weekend (I think you were at the same one!) and raved about it.  Now I'm getting excited!

@Annakat- if you haven't already booked elsewhere and aren't completely deadset on June, keep in mind LVP's "off-season" specials.  We are having our wedding on a Sunday during their "winter" months, and saving $25 per person...which is HUGE.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @KimandT - I asked about the off season deals and was amazed at the savings! Are you using their package (the gold I think) that includes a lot or bringing in most things? I'm trying to debate whether or not we'd save money by using our own flowers, etc. or having that more expensive package.
  • KimandTKimandT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually weren't locked into a package upon signing the contract, but I think we're going to use the Silver package, which is less inclusive.  I like the idea of having more freedom to choose my flowers, invitations, etc., rather than be limited to whatever selection they offer. 

I don't know to how many other things this would apply, but they were also suprisingly accomodating when we mentioned that we wanted to get our cake elsewhere (the cake is included in their packages).  Not only do they not charge a cutting fee (which is a ridiculous thing anyway!), but they are just comp'ing us $1 per person to negate the fee of the cake. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I agree with having the freedom to pick flowers, etc. We are actually going today to sign the contract and make the deposit! I am so excited that we've found our place and love it so much! I feel totally comfortable that they will work with us :)
    Best of luck to you!
  • Diana1724Diana1724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it took me so long to respond!

We booked a Friday night in May 2012.  We also got them to bring the price down by $5.00 per person just because we told them we were on the fence about two places.  I was surprised at this but really excited! (dont tell them I told you haha)

Also, we are doing the Gold? (the bigger of the two) package.  One thing that I did not like, but am over it now I guess, is that I wanted to bring in my own votives for the tables and have a greek bakery that I know make baklava and bring that in as well.  They will not let me do the votives, I have to go through them and it's $1.00 a candle...and also they are making me go through their bakery for the baklava.

This is not a deal breaker for me at all..I LOVE it there and think it's beautiful and can't wait.  We did the tasting there in January. They hold a big tasting once a year for all of the brides in that year. We went to that one since we are early in 2012 and wanted to have enough time to get invites with meal choices etc. It is fun to go to....but my advice would be to pay attention to all of the food.  We did not have many appetizers so we have no idea what those are like. I might ask to go back in and do a private tasting. 

All and all they have thought of it ALL. They are wonderful and willing to help with anything they can. Good luck to everyone!!

When are your weddings there?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! Congratuations :)

We booked for a Saturday in June. It is more than I hoped to pay but I think it's going to be worth it. I wish I had known about the 'on the fence' trick! I wonder if I could ask if there is any way to lower to per head price?

Thanks for the heads up about the food - I think we're going in January or some time around then. But, I may request a private tasting as you mentioned. I'm not sure how much detail you've gone over with them (I haven't discussed much since we have over a year), but I'm curious about some of the table decorations. Everytime I've been in there, they have those nice, tall vases and I'm wonderfing if we're allowed to use them or if we'd be charged?
  • dawle77dawle77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info girls! I don't know how I missed this discussion but I'm glad I found it. I'm so excited for our wedding at Lake View, no other place compared after we saw it! We're getting married April 28, 2012 and doing the Gold package. I didn't want to have to look and look for vendors, trying to make it easier on myself. Terry has been extremely helpful. I wish you all the best of luck!
    180image 113image 67imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Lakeview Pavilion Foxboro- review from a guest!:

I have been checking out soo many places! This location is prime considering its right next to my house! But I can not find any type of pricing for this location? Does anyone know what they start at?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards