Ohio-Toledo

Anyone Found any Awesome Deal?

Hey Ladies,

I don't know about you all, but I am personally don't want to break the bank for my wedding day.  So, please share if you have found any great deals especially with the vendors in our area, but also anything that you found online or wherever!

Anniversary

Re: Anyone Found any Awesome Deal?

• edited December 2011
    Great thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridesmaid dress at Franklin Park, Windsor: $24.99.  Another one we found at Dillards: $44.00.  Don't limit yourselves to just the bridal stores. Flowers...I love Prescott.  I'm providing my own vases...and by doing so, my centerpieces will only be $12.00 a piece. And I love my photographers: "Love is Greater" Fantastic quality and great packages.

Everything else I'm paying too much for. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I also did not go through a bridal store for my bridesmaid dresses.  I went to JcPenney and found really cute dresses for my bridesmaids in my colors.  I know other department stores sell wedding and bridesmaid dresses for cheap if you are looking to save for your girls.  I am using Carol Alspaugh for my photography which offers REALLY good package deals.  http://www.ca-photo.org/services.html She ranges anywhere from 500-1500 for package prices and you can custom a package if you don't see something that is exactly what you want.  She is fantastic too.  We had our engagement pictures done by her. 
    If you are looking for cheap chair cover rentals or flowers, I am using Bokay Boutique, her name is Jamie.  http://www.bokayboutique.vpweb.com/ I am actually having her do my chair covers, flowers/centerpieces, programs, and menus.  She does invitations too and other odds and ends things that you may just be cheaper doing through her than doing it yourself.
    My DJ I am only paying 500 for but it is a friend of the family so we are obviously getting a deal on that. 
    We are putting most of our money towards our reception with the food and things at the Hilton Garden Inn.  Hope this information is helpful. 
  • edited December 2011
    My advice would be to research, research, research.  It takes more time, but when I put time into researching and looking around for deals, I ended up finding a lot of great things.

If you have questions about a good deal on a specific type of vendor, ask on here.  It's slow a lot of the time, but if you ask a specific question, people will answer.

Vistaprint.com has good deals on paper things (free postcards, business cards, etc).  Etsy.com is a great place to look for things... handmade items, some expensive, but if you search, you'll find some really great stuff.  Avoid things that are "wedding" things.  A "wedding" necklace will be much more expensive than the same necklace without the word wedding in front of it.

Well priced florists that get rec'd on here are:  Pollynn Flowers, Sharry's Touch, and Bokay Boutique.

AND, I'm not even a cake person, but one of the vendors I'm most excited about is the baker.  I'm using Kristy from the Bake Shope in Fayette, OH.  She is probably the sweetest person I've ever met, her cakes are beautiful, and they start at $1.10/slice.  That price is unheard of!

That got long quick, sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp!! We got our STDs from Vistaprint (postcards) and they are PERFECT -- and FREE!!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Sharry Folmar.  She has amazing prices.  We got all our flowers for about $350.  That was my bouquet and a toss, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 12 boutonnieres, and 5 corsages.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I got a pretty good deal on flowers from Myrtle Flowers on Dorr Street. Scott is the contact there and he was really easy to work with. All my other great deals are friends and family. I'll be pulling off my entire wedding for 4,000. That includes ceremony and attire.
  • edited December 2011
    The Libbey Glass Outlet at the former Erie St. Market downtown is great for finding inexpensive glassware for centerpieces, etc., especially with the coupons they offer in direct mail coupon packs and in the Blade.

Papermart.com is great for any kind of packaging/bags/boxes/wrapping you can think of.  We got our favor boxes from them, and my sister is getting bags for her cookie buffet from them.  They also sell a huge variety of nice ribbon on large rolls.

Emery's Flowers (419-867-0962) in Maumee has reasonable prices and is a great florist.

I agree with the recs for Etsy.com and Vistaprint.com

We got our invitations from The Green Kangaroo (www.tgkdesigns.com) and some of their invitations are a really great value, since they are completely customizable and include all of the ensemble pieces.  Some other companies' prices really add up when you start adding reply cards, accomodation cards, envelopes, etc.

Overstock.com has great deals on jewelry and lots of other stuff.  I ordered my bridesmaids' pearls from the site.

• edited December 2011
    Oh yes, like PP said, definitely use Libbey for anything glass you might need... vases, votives, etc.  Great deals!
  • bbn2011bbn2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.etsy.com and www.ebay.com too.  Great favors & ideas at cheap prices.
  • edited December 2011
    for invites check out 123print.com
  • Angelmc8Angelmc8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our invitations custom made by a graphic designer I found on Etsy.com for very cheap ($30) and then had them printed on Vistaprint for 60 cents apiece.  I've used Vistaprint for save-the-date magnets too, came to less than 50 cents each.  Got RSVP cards free (used postcards).  Love Vistaprint!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards