Moms and Maids

Welcoming Guests at the Bridal shower

I am giving my daughter a shower with over 40 people at a resturant,  we really don't have a whole lot of time 3 hrs.  I want my initial welcome to be a very good and sincere one.  All I can come up with is "thank you for coming to help in the celebration of my daughter_______ and her future husband______."....and that is it.....it feels awkward....am I over thinking this??  I think I will then introduce her future mother  in law and sister in law.....and then turn it over to my daughter who will then introduce her bridemaids.....then one of the bridesmaids will do the blessing, then food and games...then gifts  Thanks for your thoughts

cmd

Re: Welcoming Guests at the Bridal shower

• edited December 2011
    I think that is fine since you are the hostess. What we did at my shower before all the festivities began was we went around the room and everyone said their name and how they were related or knew me. That way I didn't have to point at everyone or walk around the room and they could say what they wanted.
  • FuzzMonkeyFuzzMonkey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds good... it doesn't have to be anything overly formal.  Jus trelax, and be yourself!
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is great that you are hosting the shower and want to say something.  I agree, do not over-think this.  Just be heartfelt.  

I do love the idea of going around and having everyone say how they know the bride.  This is a great way to "break the ice."

Good luck and have fun!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards