Pennsylvania-Central

Table Set up HELP! pretty please? :-)

FI and I went to our reception venue last night to shuffle some tables, trying to come up with the best set up for us.  we came up with two possibilites.  Please give positive, and negative feedback.  Ultimately we hope to hold the reception outside, but Im big on backup plans :)

Option 1 two banquet tables front to back, making a large square table. Repeated 6 times.

Option 2- Have three long rows of tables.  Along the far right wall,we would have a row of tables for the food setup.  the picture below shows where they would be placed (note we didnt place ALL the tables..)

Re: Table Set up HELP! pretty please? :-)

• writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would personally go wtih Option 1...Option 2 just sort of reminds me of cafeteria-style seating. Plus option 1 will probably give you more space for a dance floor (if you're having one) and just more space in general for people to move around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Option #1!

While I am a big fan of  the family style seating (long rows), I think for your space you will get more of a "wow" factor using option 1. And like pp said, will put more focus on the dance floor area.

It looks like a very pretty venue. I love the floors. Where is it?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • tbr0914tbr0914 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like option one.  I think thats better for conversation between guests and feels more like a wedding than option 2.  Good Luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    It's the Eicher Arts Center, in Ephrata :)
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely option one. Like already mentioned, it will give you more room and intimacy. And it gives you lots of options for some really awesome centerpieces. 
  • xxtreemchik2xxtreemchik2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the common consensus of option #1 it has a more natural feel rather then the reminiscent cafeteria style seating. I also believe that it will be more dramatic for the guest as they walk in since it is a style frequently seen prior.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards