June 2012 Weddings
Options

Is anyone wearing flats for their wedding?

I have been seeing a lot of shoe love on here lately and everyone seems to be wearing heels. Fi is a lot shorter than I am, and I am really tall already so I don't ever wear heels.
I am just trying to think of what I will do for shoes, so if any of you are wearing flats, where did you get them?
TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is anyone wearing flats for their wedding?

• Options
    FI is about half an inch taller than I am, and every bride I know has wished she wore flats, so flats it is! I'm wearing deep teal ballet flats by Rocket Dog-got them at DSW.
  • Options
    I am! FI and I are exactly the same height, i don't want to be taller than him in all of our photos. I am wearing the glitter version of Steve maddens P-Heaven shoe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Alice in Wonderland Planning Bio

image 83 Invited
    image 47 Attending
    image 5 Declined
    image 31 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 2, 2012
  • Options
    FI and I are also the same height, and I dont want to be taller than him, so Ill be wearing flats. I was thinking ballet shoes would be super comfy, but im also look into some more fancy flats - although they'll never bee seen
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My fiance is about 9 inches taller than I am but I am hoping to wear "Just Married" flip flops. Flip flops are my favorite shoe. I'm not sure if I will be able to wear them though because my dress has a chapel train. I'm waiting till it comes to see what kind of shoe I can wear. I don't care for high heels and if I need to wear tall shoes I'll see if I can find some cute wedges.
    Anniversary Cruise Ship - Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    FI is only 2" taller than me and I'm clumsy. I'm definitely wearing flats, I got mine at Wet Seal.
  • Options
    I am too - it's not a height thing (FI is six inches taller), but I have crummy feet and I know I'll be in pain if I wear heels. Haven't picked out the shoes yet, though I've been eyeing a cute pair by Vera Wang at David's Bridal.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I've seen some girls wear TOMS shoes for their weddings--very ethical footwear! Here are some of the glittery ones:

• Options
    FI is shorter than me, but my back is messed up in a way that I can't wear flats - but I also can't wear full heels. I have to find a kitten heel in sparkly red or gold. Somewhere.
  • Options
    FI is 6 inches taller than me (I'm 5'9), but I'm still wearing flats.  I'll actually be wearing navy blue Saltwater sandals because I have loved them for years.  It's an excuse to buy a new pair to replace my old, raggedy ones.  Plus, if I wear flats, I can wear a puffier slip to make my dress look prettier.  If I wore heels, I couldn't do that because the length of the dress and my height combined with the heels would make the dress too short. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm definitely wearing flats, as FI is only an inch and a half taller than I am. I have no idea what kind, though!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have the same issue.  My FI and I are pretty much the same height.  I would probably wear wedges if I didn't care :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI is about 6 inches taller than me, but I hate heels and wanted to be comfortable, so I really wanted flats. I was surprised how hard it was to find pretty bridal ones! I ended up getting wedges that are about an inch high. They're soooo comfy and I'm really glad I don't have to worry about wearing heels on my day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    FI is five inches taller than me (and that wouldn't matter anyway, I wear heels regularly when we go out) but we're getting married outside, on grass. I learned that lesson the hard way when I was a bm at a friend's wedding in September, heels and grass are a recipe for disaster. So I'm going to rock some rocket dog flats or some sandals.
  • Options
    I'm wearing wedges that only have about an inch and a half of height. I got them online at a sample sale.
  • Options
    I'm wearing heels. I love mine and think they look nicer
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing ladies! I feel a lot better about finding some cute flats for my wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am wearing the steve madden heaven glitter ones too! I got them from DSW! This way I dont have to get extra length to the dress and I will be comfortable! Nobody really sees the shoes anyways besides a few picture and flats can be adorbale too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am! They are more comfy for me anyway. I'm wearing TOMS white glitter wedding style :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im wearing flats. FI is only 2 inches taller than me. Besides my dress is ballgown so no one will see my feet anyway until the removing of the garter
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June30,2012 I Will Marry My Prince
  • Options
    I am wearing TOMS too! FI is almost a foot taller than me, but I want to be comfortable. I also wear TOMS all the time in my everyday life (I have 4 pairs and counting) so it is very me to have them on my wedding day. Here is a picture of the ones I bought for saying I do!

• Options
    I'm wearing flats too! Haven't found the right ones yet.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I want to wear heels for dancing, but my ceremony is outdoors which would not be a good place for heels. So I'm going to have to find a pair of wedges that are the same height as a pair of heels, so my dress will be the correct length throughout. :) My other idea though was to wear ballet slippers with the lace up ribbons; it'd make me feel like a fairy queen! However, I think I'll end up going for the wedges + heels combo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wsearing flats (chinese slippers)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Options
    I'm wearing heels to the ceremony but have flip-flops to change into at the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm wearing flats as well. They're by Rocket Dog, red, and comfy - http://www.zappos.com/rocket-dog-memories-claret
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_anyone-wearing-flats-their-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:47323114-72f7-447e-8a9e-a3b61e135795Post:3bb75fa2-6e74-4328-a47a-1144a883b11a">Re: Is anyone wearing flats for their wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm wearing heels to the ceremony but have flip-flops to change into at the reception.
    Posted by kathleenkmm[/QUOTE]
     <div>Me too.  I love love love my heels but the ceremony is outside so I'll have to practice on grass and see if its possible :(</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards