Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Hotel ideas?

Hi darlings,

So I have some time before I can set aside a block of rooms (I'm thinking this is an April project) but I'm sort of wondering if anyone has any ideas of where to block.

We're getting married in Wayne at the Overbrook Golf Club. The nearest hotel is the Radnor; they can do 25 rooms, possibly, provided that there's availability. I have a feeling there may be another wedding that weekend so who knows.

So I'm just wondering if anyone local has any ideas. Should I look in King of Prussia or try to stay more in the Wayne area? Slim pickins. Thanks in advance!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotel ideas?

• Are you going to offer a shuttle if you do the hotels in KOP?  If not I would stay in Wayne. I know you said possibly the Radnor hotel, what about the Wayne hotel?
  • edited February 2012
    King of Prussia would certainly have more options for you. My friends got married at Appleford in Villanova and had a room block at the Dolce Valley Forge on Dekalb and it was very nice. They have a pretty awesome bar/restaurant area that was great for their afterparty, which was important since Appleford cuts everyone off at 9:30!  They had a school bus shuttle, which wasn't fancy, but it got everyone to the hotel safely and that's all that matters :) I'm a big believer in shuttles, even if your hotel is fairly close to your reception location.
  • Thanks girls!

We're going to get set up with either a shuttle or one of the local cab companies. No drinking and driving.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WLevine75WLevine75 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am getting Married at Radnor Valley Country Club down the street from where you are. I am getting rooms at the Marriott in Conshohocken and Valley Forge Courtyard.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married right down the road at Merion Cricket Club and was either going to do the Marriott in Conshy or Devon.  I do remember them saying something about a free shuttle from either the Crown Plaza or Hampton Inn in KoP so definitely something to check out also to save some money on transportation.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • If you are doing a shuttle then def check out hotels in KOP.  I also stayed at the Dolce for wedding that was somewhere in Radnor and as pp said it was really nice and reasonably priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards