Pre-wedding Parties
Options

FMIL invited to Bachelorette?

MY MOH and I were working on a guest list for my bachelorette party recently and she said I should invite my mom. We are just planning on going to a dueling piano bar, which only gets slightly crass! haha I'm also planning on inviting FI's brother's wife. Does this mean I should also invite my FMIL? I honestly don't really want her to go, but think I should invite her if I'm inviting my mom and my future sister in law... Thoughts?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: FMIL invited to Bachelorette?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are inviting your mom and your FSIL, it would be safest to invite your FMIL.  If you don't you risk some major damage to the relationship.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would invite the FSIL and not have the moms there personally.
    Maybe invite the two of them to a separate lunch or something.
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I would invite both moms or no moms.
  • Options
    OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    For my best friend's wedding, we started out at dinner with both moms.  Then afterwards, we went out to the bar.  Her mother still came, but she likes to party, but her FMIL didn't come.  It gave her FMIL a chance to come out for the fun, but not for the drinking and dancing later.

I will be doing the same thing.  Having the moms come for dinner along with my niece, who is a Jr Bridesmaid.  It will be spelled out there will be nothing inappropriate at the dinner, while my neice is there obviously!  But after dinner, the moms & neice will go home and the real fun can start! 

It doesn't have to be a fancy dinner, something casual. . .
  • Options
    JCM10JCM10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think both moms or no moms...but it seems really strange for me to have them there. Bachelorettes are supposed to be time out with friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards