Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

father -daughter dance

hello,

is the first dance as a bride and groom suppose to be before the father- daughter dance ?
and which one is the ball opening ?

Re: father -daughter dance

• Options
    I have always seen the first dance of bride and groom be the first dance.  The parent/child dances come second.
  • Options
    we are doing our first dance after introductions.  the father/daughter and mother/son dances will be towards the end of dinner.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Bride and Groom is the first dance.  Some do it to kick off the dancing and some do it as soon as they are announced, before dinner.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_father-daughter-dance-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:85c6fc61-28d2-43e4-b9d7-3a81d1b5a3f7Post:15a6b6b5-3a73-4ab2-86cf-e962fff734ce">Re: father -daughter dance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bride and Groom is the first dance.  Some do it to kick off the dancing and some do it as soon as they are announced, before dinner.
    Posted by mysticl[/QUOTE]

THIS! We did the bride & groom as the first dance right after dinner which kicked off all of the other dances. This is how our dj recommended it to us and how I have most often seen it. You could also talk to your dj about what he/she suggests unless they leave it strictly up for you to decide. Ours gave us some options/how he typically sees it and we liked that and went with it.
  • Options
    thanks for the help !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards