New Jersey

Where to take pictures - Middlesex/Somerset county

Hi - I mostly lurk, but could really use some advice right about now! 

So the place we were planning to take pictures after the ceremony fell through, and now I am scrambling to find some place new for our wedding in less than 3 weeks... I have tried calling Colonial Park, Rutgers Gardens, Leonard J Buck Garden, but the timing is just not working out since at this point, everything is booked.

Our ceremony is in Middlesex county, the reception in Somerset - does anyone have any ideas of parks in these counties, that would be nice places to take pictures?  Please, any ideas - I am at a loss at this point and afraid I won't have any nice, scenic pictures for the day :-(

Re: Where to take pictures - Middlesex/Somerset county

• where in somerset are you having your reception? this may help
  • What about Roosevelt Park in Edison? They have pond with bridges and gazebos etc. I don't think you need a permit to take pictures there since it is a public park, but I could be wrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Reception is in Warren/Bernards area - right off Rt 78.
  • What about in Basking Ridge? the center of town They have beautiful spots there, and its close to that area.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Agree with Danes, downtown BR is where we took ours.  There is also a historic-looking train station (Lyons) nearby.

If you prefer a park setting, there are a few in the Warren/Watchung area south of 78. 

Here's a screenshot of the Watchung circle - I always thought the parks on either side would be pretty for wedding pictures with the lakes.  Pretty sure you don't need a permit since they are public parks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• I'll have tp check out Basking Ridge - that might be a possibility. Thanks!  Do you need a permit to take photos there? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_where-to-take-pictures-middlesexsomerset-county?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:fa39610b-9e37-489e-9206-bdb17d94a1d0Post:f384bff5-afd9-4942-a17f-858dcd848a25">Re: Where to take pictures - Middlesex/Somerset county</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agree with Danes, downtown BR is where we took ours.  There is also a historic-looking train station (Lyons) nearby. If you prefer a park setting, there are a few in the Warren/Watchung area south of 78.  Here's a screenshot of the Watchung circle - I always thought the parks on either side would be pretty for wedding pictures with the lakes.  Pretty sure you don't need a permit since they are public parks.
    Posted by jcg98[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The parks by the lakes are beautiful ! The bigger lake has a pretty waterfall and a couple picture spots...the smaller lake has more a quaint feel....there are always fewer people too.</div><div>
    </div><div>You can't walk between them though as a wedding party - so pick one if you choose to use this site.<span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span></div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got married in Stirling which is right near basking ridge and took pictures at the Watchung Circle Park.  They came out beautiful with the pond in the background.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards