Kentucky

What photographer did you use?

Im trying to find a reasonably priced photographer... a much more tedious task than I anticipated.  Anyone have any suggestions and why they picked who they did?  I have an extremely low budget so I'll take all I can get. :)

Re: What photographer did you use?

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First off, don't skimp on your photos!  They're the only thing that will really last from your wedding day!  That said, my photog is based out of the Columbus, IN area and her rate is $950 which includes epics, rehearsal pics, all day wedding coverage, the DVD with rights to print and a $200 print credit.  She's awesome.  http://www.jacquiecphotography.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I posted some reviews of photographers a while back. You may want to look at it. You may also want to try googling or craigslist. What is your photographer budget? That may help us give you more suggestions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • msanders09msanders09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Courtney Reece Photography. She is pretty standard on her package pricing from what I understand, but will work with most anyone on their budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Is there anything else you can cut cost wise to allow you to pay more for a photographer? I'm using James Byrd Photography.  Also don't be afraid to try and bargain with your vendors!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Bella Grace Photography & had an awesome experience.  I also really loved Redtree Photography.  Unfortunately, those might both be a smidge out of your budget.  However, Bella Grace negotiated with us on ours.

My advice - decide what's really important to you.  1 shooter?  2 shooters?  How many hours?  A DVD of all images?  Prints?  Albums?

Personally, I'd go for the DVD and as many hours as possible.  After that, a second shooter.  Look at all the photogs websites, and decide which ones you like.  Call them.  Tell them what your must-haves are, and what your budget is, and find out if they're willing to work with you.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ultimately, remember - you can never go back and re-take the photos.  So, getting the images you want captured is the most important part.  Editing them, printing them, etc., can all wait until you've replenished the checking account, if necessary.  So, I'd put my money into a good photographer and the rights to the photos & go from there.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Chicks that Click out of Harrodsburg. Christy is great and they are very reasonable. www.chicksthatclick.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Matt Malicote Photography, they are a husband and wife team and are super artistic and so easy to talk to.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Minor Details Photography out of Danville, KY.  www.minordetailsphoto.com.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Alumbra Photography. Susannah and her husband make a fantastic team, plus she has been a long time family friend. Love the stylt she uses!
  • thehossbridethehossbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try scott hayes - www.scotthayesweddings.com. He is offering a free engagement session right now and will work with you on your budget. 
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to pm you some info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards