Illinois-Chicago

Meet up

Whatever happened to the post about trying to do a get together? I can't find it.   Did it ever happen?  I'd be up for meeting for some drinks/appetizers maybe in June if anyone is interested.    
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Meet up

• I'd be in for a meet up in June.
    Anniversary image
  • Let's meet up!

I think a lot of times we wait for everyone to respond and that can take a while to choose a date, place, etc.  I say someone pull the shotgun and choose the date and place.  As long as there is another bride there, I'm down to meet!  Would love some bridal support before the wedding!  Cool
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    521image 126image 39image 356image RSVP Date: August 1
  • Count me in!

My brother just got hitched and I am 500 days away from mine and that seems REALLY far away so I'd like to get into the wedding mood :)

Before it seemed like during the week nearer the city worked better for everybody

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where are you guys located?  I'm in Schaumburg.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I live in the city...but work in Burr Ridge. 
  • What if we did something in the Oakbrook area?  There's lot's of places off Butterfield Rd.  We can see if that's central for everyone.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chiboo9chiboo9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Oohh, count me in! I work in Wheeling, but can meet up after work hours. Let's do it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'd be interested; even though I'm married :p

Would Oakbrook be wknd or weeknight?
  • Oakbrook is a hike from my work in Evanston so if it is during the week, I could be there a bit later

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know we can probably not accomodate everyone as far as location, but what works better for the majority?  Oakbrook area or Schaumburg/Woodfield area?  Or, any other suggestions?  I just figured those two are easy access from the highway or either direction.  

I vote for a happy hour after work, but if a weekend is better we can see if that works.  

I'll throw the first option out, one day during the week of June 11th, 5pm or whenever you can get there.  I am just going to be getting back from vacation so I don't know if I could swing the prior week, but if that works better then I'll do my best.  Location TBA.

Thoughts?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • chiboo9chiboo9 member
    edited May 2012
    Week of June 11th sounds good to me!

If it's Schaumburg, I can do happy hour during a weeknight, except for Wednesday.

If it's Oakbrook, definitely over the weekend.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oak Brook.

And Elliemonster, my H and I were engaged for 20 months and I know at this point it seems soooooooo far away but the time really flies by.
    Anniversary image
  • Thanks MrsM!  I hope so haha!!  Thats what everybody keeps resassuring me!

Schaumburg would be a lot better for me during the week, but I can do Oakbrook, too...just a bit later.  Weekends are harder for me because I am on call at the hospital, but I can work around whatever!

• i'm good with a happy hour week of june 11th but only available that wed, thurs and friday.
  • Aw good...thanks MrsM!  Thats what everybody keeps telling me!! Hopefully!!

Schaumburg works better for me, but I can be to Oakbrook by like 630 or 7 on a weekday night

• I think we may have lost a few posts.  TK was acting strange yesterday and I had trouble viewing the posts I had sent.  Hopefully it's all back to normal now. 

Here are a few options
    Dates: Tues June 12, Wed June 13 or Thurs June 14
    Places: Buffalo Wild Wings - Roosevelt Rd., Lombard
    Rock Bottom Brewery - Yorktown Mall, Lombard
    Houlihan's - Oakbrook Mall, Oakbrook
    Lou Malnati's pizza - Schaumburg
    Geno's East pizza - Rolling Meadows

I guess we will see when/where works for the majority and go with that.  Then the next one maybe we'll have in a different location to accomodate others.

Let me know what you think.  Happy Friday!  Hope you all have a great weekend!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Looks like my post from yesterday disappeared!  Let me try this one more time..

Let's see what works for the majority then next time we can do it in another location to accomodate others who couldn't make it.  

Date: Tuesday, June 12, Wed June 13 or Thurs June 14
    Place:  Buffalo WIld Wings, Lombard
    Rock Bottom Brewery, Oakbrook
    Houlihan's, Yorktown Mall, Lombard
    Lou Malnati's Pizza - Schaumburg
    Geno's East Pizza - Rolling Meadows

Thoughts or suggestions??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • June 12, 13, and 14th all work for me.
    Any of the locations in Lombard/Oak Brook are fine too.
    Anniversary image
  • chiboo9chiboo9 member
    Tuesday June 12th or Thursday June 14th in Schaumburg/Rolling Meadows for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I vote for June 13 or June 14 in Lombard.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_meet-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:c56c9f9f-1540-4204-8067-60c4ddc065e5Post:d9ca86fd-9960-4f45-8374-6b7da1aadaf1">Re: Meet up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Looks like my post from yesterday disappeared!  Let me try this one more time.. Let's see what works for the majority then next time we can do it in another location to accomodate others who couldn't make it.   Date: Tuesday, June 12, Wed June 13 or Thurs June 14 Place:  Buffalo WIld Wings, Lombard Rock Bottom Brewery, Oakbrook Houlihan's, Yorktown Mall, Lombard Lou Malnati's Pizza - Schaumburg Geno's East Pizza - Rolling Meadows Thoughts or suggestions??
    Posted by GinaV0822[/QUOTE]

• Hey everyone,

sorry i just saw this board, and saw that you guys will be meeting up. I could defnietly use some help from other future brides, is it ok for me to come to this meeting as well? or is it just for certain people? Its ok if it is, i just though i'd ask.

• Of course!  Anyone is welcome!  We haven't decided exactly when and where so just keep checking back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome! Thanks so much, i can't wait to meet everyone. it's going to be so much fun. i can already tell. lol

• I'm going on vacation and won't be on here for a week.  Hopefully when I get back we'll have some more people who want to meet up!  I'll check when I get back and we can see what works for everyone.  Have a great weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm late to this post, but will be getting married 12/1/12 in Rosemont! Is that week still a go for you all?
  • Hi Ladies,
    Would love to meet up with you all! I created a survey so that we can pick the most mutually agreeable dates/times/locations. Can everyone respond to this and I will let you know on here or by e-mail what everyone decided? I think that may be easiest!

• what if we do the 12th in scaumburg at the fridays which offers more than just pizza and the 13th in oak brook at rock bottom which is gonna be the quitest option cuz im guessing we wanna be able to talk.  i am willing to take charge and make reservations if needed this way everyone can make one or both.

• That sounds good to me. I'm in.
  • Heres just a  suggestion, but some of the ladies i chat with in another forum have been trying to get together for months, since we all started planning our weddings (which seems like a life time ago lol) but anyways we all got complimentary tickets to the bridal show, The Wedding Salon that wil be in chicago next week.. we figured free tickets, free drinks, free food and all the wedding stuff we could imagine what better way to get together.
    It is just an idea for you ladies to get together!! hope it was helpful ( =
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards