Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Say Anything Wednesday

I went to the midnight premiere of Eclipse last night.  I think I got about an hour and a half worth of sleep last night.  I'm seriously running on fumes.  But it was so worth it.  Easily the best movie of the series so far. 

Re: Say Anything Wednesday

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH interviewed for a job he really wants in Austin the Friday before last.  All the big bosses sounded very interested, and indicated that he would be hearing from them very soon.  Well, it's been a week and a half, the suspense is killing us.  It's DH's birthday today, good news about the job would be the best present ever.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm running on fumes as well... thanks to Delta!  Have I mentioned how much I HATE Delta??

I know there was a post about them before, but James had no choice but to fly Delta for his latest business trip... and they kept delaying and canceling the flights he was on. To make a long story short,  I've made three trips to DFW from Frisco in the past 12 hours.  The last trip was at 4:00am.... and I feel like a zombie. 

BLAH

I can't wait to see Eclipse though!
    I like dogs, but not to eat
    Photobucket

10-10-10 here we come!

Anniversary

Kelly's BIO-Hazard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I knew it was just a matter of time... I had my 1st of probably many wedding dreams last night!!  The venue was awesome and it was packed with guests.  But the cake never showed up and there was no one dancing prob bc there was no DJ!!  Everyone left early too...ekkk  I sure hope our wedding doesn't go like that!!  Tongue out
  • Options
    angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel like I am drowning at my job - I am new and behind and I feel like I'm never going to catch up.  At least not this year (literally).  It's so bad I dream about it!

Mariah - Thank goodness it was better than the others, because I've been slightly less than pleased with them so far (and I Looooooved the books!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I had an awful dream that FI called off the wedding last night, and I asked one of my girlfriends if she wanted to be roomies, who, ironically did just break off her engagement with her FI. Weird.

I told FI about my dream this morning, and he goes "that's kinda funny. But, it's never going to happen. Friend can be our roomie though, it would save us some money!??" hahahah...funny, FI.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so ready for a 3.5 day weekend followed by a 3 day work week next week!  Going to New Orleans next week and so need the mini vacay from wedding stuff!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to the doctor and got in and out in less than 45 minutes. Amazing. I also got a shot instead of having to deal with antibiotics. Also amazing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't sleep at all last night.  I woke up around 2:45 and eventually went out to the living room around 3:15 since i was tossing and turning.  I just read and was on the computer until I fell back asleep sometime after 5:00.  Going to be a long day!

I wish I could just turn off my mind at night and get some good sleep!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to my 38 week doctor's appointment yesterday and was told that I will most likely be one of those women that delivers on her or close to her due date. Awesome. It was a little disheartening to hear that I have to be pregnant longer, but at least I know whats going on. We're still on a waiting game. My dr will not induce (luckily) until 41 weeks. If I have to be pregnant for 3 more weeks, I may go bat sh!t crazy...just sayin'.

After a rough few days, Jeff took me out yesterday. We went and saw Toy Story 3 and shopped for a bit. Followed by dinner at Maggianos. I even saw Juliebug! :) This movie was so good, but it was SUCH an expensive outing. Two tickets for the 3D show was $27?!?!? Crazy... Speaking of crazy, Twilight fans camped out at 3:30 for the midnight showing. Kudos to them...except the creepy middle aged woman by themselves wearing homemade T-shirts.

Donna - I hope your husabd hears something today. And Happy Birthday to him!

Okay, apparently I had a lot to say.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met FI five years ago today and our wedding is four months from today. Tonight we're going to dinner at Fogo de Chao and staying at Hotel Palomar, I'm very excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Emi make that bay-beh come out on July 6th!!!!  :) 

Day. Dragging.  Need.  Sleep.  I don't know how I'm going to make it to 5:30.  And I was even hopeful and brought my workout clothes to work with me in hopes that some how I would find the energy to go to the gym....wishful thinking. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh I'm so jealous of all of your date nights, movies, long weekends, and other fun stuff!!    I'm in the midst of the 3rd busiest week of the year at work, and I have a midterm tonight. Yikes!!

Donna- Hope you guys hear something soon!

Emi- Goodness!  I hope your little one decides to make an entrance sooner rather than later!  
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi, I can't believe you're so close! Hope that baby shows up soon. It can't be fun being pregnant in this heat.

I have today off and I'm going to spend it working my behind off to get our apartment cleaned up. Then I'm going to do my 30 day shred and walk/run two miles with hubs tonight. IDK when I started to sort of like working out instead of hating it. 
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, all of the middle aged women obsessed with Twilight freak me out big time. Taylor Lautner or however you spell it is eighteen. EIGHTEEN!!! I'm sorry, but if your 40 that's just gross. Because that means he was much younger than that when the first movie came out. 
    Becoming My Mother
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Manda, I feel dirty every time I see him without a shirt on.  Every single time.
  • Options
    annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still so exhausted from our trip last weekend (brother's wedding), which was a GREAT time, so nice to see the family.  Well, I take that back, it was so nice to see MOST of the family.  I could have gone without seeing my uncle's wife who is currently cheating on him, promised she would go to counseling and they have been.  Only for my uncle to find out DURING the wedding that she is still in contact with this man.  His wife is uber pregnant with their 4th child and she (uncle's wife) called her yesterday to tell her that her husband needs to choose between the two of them.  I feel so sorry for her (the pregnant wife.)  My aunt is a total homewrecker---did I mention they have 3 kids of their own?  I have no idea why my uncle wants to make this work.  Hooker.
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Emimayor - I agree with Mariah, July 6th is a wonderful date!  (it's also my birthday) and it's only 6 days away!  :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Emi and Tiffany: thanks!  fingers crossed!  Good luck on your midterm, Tiffany.  And Emi, I hope that baby comes out soon!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's my bday today and I am celebrating the 2nd anniversary of turning 29.. :o)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Donna, we could be neighbors! We're in the process of moving to Austin. What area are ya'll looking at?

Brad and I are going to see Eclipse tonight. He tried desprately to finish the book last night, but he still had too much to read. I'm so excited to see it. Yes, I'm 22 and giddy over seeing the movie!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah - glad you liked it!  I couldn't justify a midnight showing knowing I would have 3 days of work to make it through.  One of my friends took today off to go see it with some mommy friends while the kids are at daycare - I'm jealous of her.  But I finished the final book this morning!  I'm a bit wary of them making Breaking Dawn into two movies - I thought the book should have been judiciously edited with a table saw, so we'll see.  But I loved Eclipse and think it's good movie material - so can't wait!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-41?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:125642c6-2e51-4655-beb3-190853225b2aPost:fb05be33-2052-455b-9bd5-e29e097068ab">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Manda, I feel dirty every time I see him without a shirt on.  Every single time.
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

<div>Mariah, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm not into the movies or books, but I saw him on the today show the other morning, and just the one scene they showed of him shirtless made me feel dirty. </div>
    Becoming My Mother
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Birthday, Kathy!! Hope it's great! :)

And I wouldn't have ever guessed you were celebrating your 29th birthday, for the 2nd time ;)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathy: Happy anniversary :P

Marlene: if DH gets this job, probably somewhere in the northwest part of Austin along 183 ( just south of Cedar Park)   What about you guys?
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Donna, pretty much the same area. My parents are currently in Leander. Which is in the northern part of Austin. I love the Hill Country!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Its been a little over a month since I quit my job and I'm really enjoying not working. I know I'm going to have to start looking for a job soon but just the thought of working 8-5 and having a boss makes feel trapped and unhappy.

kristelajose-105 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel slightly dirty whenever I say that I would have married one of the Weasley twins.  It's not that they're that cute but I love their sense of humor, etc. 

We're going to see Toy Story 3 tonight and I might get to see Eclipse tomorrow morning.  Emi, I wish that I had seen you.  I might have been a little shocked but you wouldn't have come across as a creeper. 

Donna,
    We're in the same boat as you.  Bill has done the first two interviews and they took place pretty quickly.  Well, now that it's time for the 3rd and last interview, HR is dragging their heels and making me a nervous wreck.  I want Bill out of his current job so bad I can't stand it.  To top it all off, we leave for vacation on Sunday and nothing can happen while we're gone, obviously, but that's a week that there's no interview, etc.  Ugh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday Kathy!

I really want to see Eclipse tonight, we'll have to see if Chris is up for it (it's inventory time at his store). I finished re-reading the book and even read the Bree Tanner book online.

Emi - I hope your little girl comes soon!

I'm ready for another project at work.  Being busy will make the days go by faster.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie: fingers crossed for both of us, then!

Marlene: cool, keep me posted about ya'll's move!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Banana - That's so fun! Last friday was our "Pre-anniversary" so we went to Kirby's on Greenville! It was really fun.

Kathy - Happy Birthday!

So I got the new BLT Cobb salad from Wendy's... man, it's got a lot of blue cheese, which I love! But I'm also afraid to look at the calories. :) Hey, I'm going light on the dressing, barely eating the chicken and none of the egg... that's gotta count for something, right? :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards