Wisconsin

Great yet affordable venues

Hello everyone!  I just got engaged last Thursday so now we're trying to think of a great, affordable reception site for our wedding.  We're probably going to have 150 max.  We live in Germantown so we're strictly looking in Southeastern Wisconsin.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Great yet affordable venues

• Congratulations on your engagement!! Since I'm from the Sussex area, I am familiar with locations between the falls and Germantown. Our reception is at Davian's in Menomonee Falls and I couldn't be happier with our choice. Another place we checked out was Silver Spring Country Club, which was down the street.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!  We plan on checking out Davian's.  Besides Silver Spring did you check anywhere else out?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_great-yet-affordable-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:205aa44e-cc86-45fd-b217-62d5c54bc357Post:fb069670-5fc8-4026-8efb-261f14905d40">Re: Great yet affordable venues</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations on your engagement!! Since I'm from the Sussex area, I am familiar with locations between the falls and Germantown. Our reception is at Davian's in Menomonee Falls and I couldn't be happier with our choice. Another place we checked out was Silver Spring Country Club, which was down the street.
    Posted by xoEmilyRose[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We honestly didn't check out many because my FI's family is from out of town, and my family is mostly from out of state. We're getting married at St. James Church in the Falls, about 5 mins away, and the hotel is down the street from Davian's. It all worked out nicely that everything is super close for our guests.

If you are able to look elsewhere because most guests are more local, I'd check out some venues in Milwaukee. There are a lot to choose from. A friend of mine just got married at Davian's a few weekends ago and thought they did an excellent job. Their food is also very good too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks again!  I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed at this point...there are so many choices!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You're welcome! I hear ya, it'll all fall into place once you book the bigger things... like the church (if you're doing a ceremony there) and the venue. Those are the two biggest things! Did you pick your date?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes, we picked August 24, 2013!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Very exciting, congrats again! Have fun looking around at venues :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2012
    My fiance and I were on a budget and this place in waukesha was very very affordable for us and its a great place and the manager of the banquet will help you with whatever you need its called Merrill Hills Country Club. I know when people hear country club they think expensive but its not and the place is beautiful. 

some of the perks of it is:
    -no room rental fee
    -all of her decorations are there for you to use for free
    -if you have the ceremony there its free
    -if you have the ceremony there you can ride the golf carts for free for the picture to get around faster
    -also you get a free rehersal dinner for (i think) up to 20 people. 
    -oh and the terrace (where you can have the ceremony) and reception room over looks the beautiful golf course
    -and the banquet manager will recommend more affordable photographers and florists 

hope this helps! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the ideas everyone!  We looked at Davian's and just loved it so...we booked it!  Such a relief to have that checked off the list! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards