Chit Chat

Re: jo

• Options
    You can just be honest with her and let her know that with your own DW coming up you can't afford to attend hers.
  • Options
    I would be upset too :) 
    I think you should just do the double wedding vs her having the wedding first ..... 
    IMO 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just be honest with her and let her know that although you would love to be there, financially you cant do it.
  • Options
    It seems your sister hasn't made up her mind yet.  Do what you and FI want to do for your wedding and don't worry about your sister.  If she's getting married right after you just put on a smile and show up
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sonya+adamsonya+adam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_my-sister-is-totally-undercutting-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:1e6d6e87-0de0-4dfc-8872-77206b5937b5Post:0d37dd76-fc68-41c4-93aa-f40ca509af48">Re: My sister is totally undercutting me!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My sister is totally undercutting me!! : Di dyou bother to read OP?  She can't afford to attend. OP- You're not obligated to attend, as PPs have said.  Just tell her you wish you could make it but unfortunately finances don't allow it and wish her the best.
    Posted by LingerLonger1[/QUOTE]

She said she couldn't afford the November date for her sister's DW. The reason she doesn't want her sister getting married right after her/on the same trip is because her and her FI want "down time" after their wedding, and not have to attend her sister's wedding right after.

OP, I can understand you not being able to afford to go to her destination wedding if it's before your wedding. That really is a lot of money to save up. But I think you should be a little more lenient on her having her wedding on the same trip. It'd save you money in the end. Yes, you want down time after your wedding, but you'll get that on your honeymoon, once you leave the destination you're currently at. It's just one night at your sister's wedding that you'll have to part from alone time with your new husband. Do you really not think you can deal with that?
  • Options
    How old is your sister? I'm 30 so for me there's a huge rush... Could her age perhaps be the reason why she's in a rush? I wanted a 6 month engagement max but my sis is getting married this year so we waited. PS November may be close to Christmas time but it's a cheap time to get married bc it's not in the prime wedding season maysept.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You aren't obligated to go to your sisters wedding. If you cannot afford to go just tell her as much. There may be something to be said for the close date weddings, not sure if they would use the same vendors as you already have maybe they offer a sizable discount? I would wonder if guests would go to the first wedding, and not be able to make yours if your sister moves her date to November, that may be a factor in your decision of how to handle. GOod luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards