Second Weddings

NWR: Major Vent

My poor FI and his daughter have been asking his BSC XW to send the child's things to her for a year.  The boxes in horrid condition were delivered yesterday, the daughter and I are going through them now and it's a nasty job.

First the woman didn't pack things as much as she just chucked random stuff into boxes.  Some if it belongs to my FI, some to the daughter and some is just random household goods that we don't need and of course garbage.  We already have one 33 gallon bag full of stuff for Goodwill, and another full of garbage!  We've only unpacked a total of 4 boxes at this point.

What sucks is that my poor FI has to pay 1/2 of the delivery charge!

Alcoholics that are in their disease and in denial are too much fun...  Any way I need to help my "daughter" wade through the crap.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: NWR: Major Vent

• edited December 2011
    Poor girl.  I can't imagine how painful it is to think that your mother devalues you so much that she can't be bothered to be careful packing your things and to include trash in the package.  She is lucky to have you to work through it with her.  UGH!  ~Donna
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_nwr-major-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:3cc1ebfc-d868-4f33-a25c-6825d4f3364fPost:f510287d-5610-4ea4-9be4-69d3621b7e1f">Re: NWR: Major Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poor girl.  I can't imagine how painful it is to think that your mother devalues you so much that she can't be bothered to be careful packing your things and to include trash in the package.  <strong>She is lucky to have you to work through it with her.</strong>  UGH!  ~Donna
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

This.  You rock.
    Anniversary
  • debi1941debi1941 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your "daughter" is extremely lucky to have you in her life....

wading thru the crap now is only the beginning for her, with  having a "birth mother" who is an alchoholic.........in denial!

Be strong and remember to smile....

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you are having to assume the mother role in place of a woman who doesn't deserve the title, but glad you are so conscientious about it and appear to be embracing it and HER. I agree, she is very lucky to have a dad who was smart enough to find a loving and caring woman to marry!

My fiance's oldest 2 kids had their Mom pass away a couple of years ago.........I'm doing the best I can to connect. So far, so good.

Best wishes for continued strength!
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that took almost all day... and we are both tired and dirty, but all the boxes have been gone through and sorted.  And everything is in the house that she wanted to keep. It's not put away yet but we'll get there before Christmas.

The mess we unpacked and sorted though...WOW!  I haven't seen anything like it!  It was like an 8 year old packed without supervision.  Everthing that was shipped orginated here at our home.  My FI's BSC XW moved everthing to New Jersey and then to Florida and then held on to it until a  year after my daughter came back from Japan.  She may have went to Japan as BSC XW's daughter but she's mine now.

I just hope we don't have a lot of emotional fallout from this, we've already dealt with so much in the past year...
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you ladies for your support!!!

We're going to be taking the daughter out to get her ears pierced tonight... she'd been looking forward to that all day and was so disappointed when I told her we could do it tomorrow... But my wonderful FI agreed to make it a family outing when he gets home tonight. So Yay!

• Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are a blessing for FI's daughter.  I feel badly for her.  You are the antidote she needs.  Good for you, Angie!
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I second Alateen.  Too bad about her mom.  But she's with you and FI now :)
  • edited December 2011
    Is there a list of the acronyms on this site? I'm having a hard time figuring out what BSC XW  is. I'm assuming it's ex-wife, but I don't know what the BSC is. Although after reading what the ex-wife did, I can think of some choice words that begin with B, S and C.

I agree with the other posters, she is so lucky to have you in her life. I am the daughter of an alcoholic and I can tell you it's not fun and it hurts. It's so wonderful to have someone to love you and support you...you're doing a great job and it won't go unrecognized by her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards