Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Favors and gift bags for a Sedona wedding

I am getting married on 10-9-10 in Sedona and have been racking my brain for a cute idea for favors, or for little souvenirs for the gift bags we will give people when they check-in.  I feel like as a semi-destination wedding it would be nice to give everyone something that is specific to Sedona.  Any good ideas? 

Or maybe just good ideas for favors for an October wedding.  I have seen lots of ideas online for candy apples, pumpkins etc. 

I personally kinda like the idea of giving people little boxes of donut holes, but I think that's just me who thinks that sounds delish after a night of drinking and dancing. Laughing 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Favors and gift bags for a Sedona wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum! I don't think you can go wrong with snacks. (: I think it would be good to include bottles of water, too. For Sedona, maybe you can get Sedona magnets? Cactus jelly candies? Salsa? Incense? I know there are shops down there that sell stuff that is created locally. Not sure if I am any help, but those are my ideas for now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the donut holes idea sounds cute!  I always like something different that you haven't seen before.  And you can get 100 little boxes for around or less than $30 on some sites :)  I think the site I had been looking at is efavormart (or something like that).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey JanJan!

That is a cute idea!  We wanted to do the same thing (something more Sedona-ish) but found it kind of costly. So we actually found these cute cactus shape suckers at a red rock store here in Chandler mall, and went with those. They weren't very Sedona but still obviously added the Arizona tie in. They ran just over $1 each.  In addition to those, we put in bottles of water and iced tea, fresh fruit, chips/pretzels and fruit snacks. 

Hope that helps!
    Sarah
  • Options
    NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely the water bottles, and maybe even one for each person?  I am a water addict haha :)

Arizona Iced tea is also really popular.  I know it isn't exclusive to AZ, but it might be fun.  You can also buy them buy the case.

I'm always a fan of cookies and fruit in welcome baskets.  You can bake the cookies yourself and attach a recipe card, or you could buy them from a local bakery.  (Your cake baker might do it too).

For some reason the idea of mini pumpkin pies sound really good, but maybe I'm just looking forward to fall...

Nashville Wraps is a really popular place for gift bags.  http://www.nashvillewraps.com/

It may sound weird, but sometimes Forever21 has cute tote bags on their website for about $1.  I would keep an eye out, because they get new stuff every week.

Hope that helps!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Nashville Wraps! I got my bags and tissue paper from them and have a bunch left over and it cost next to nothing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards