Not Engaged Yet
Options

meal plans for this week?

does anyone do this anymore?

for us, this week is:

Monday night:  we're having company, so I expanded the meal to include:
Asian glazed drumsticks from SkinnyTaste (I add orange peel)
white rice
roasted garlic broccoli
fresh salad
french bread rubbed with olive oil and kosher salt

Tuesday night:
slow-cook Cajun stew from EveryDay Real Food, salad

Wednesday night:
pasta with broccoli and chicken sausage, salad (see a trend?  haha!)

Thursday night:
homemade Subway sandwiches

Friday night:
SkinnyTaste chicken/broccoli/cheese casserole

Saturday: 
maybe grab something out?

Sunday:
lunch with my parents:  we're making:
BBQ chicken legs and thighs
potatoes with onions, green peppers, bacon
Panzella salad
probably something else to go with it, not sure yet (a veg)

what about you all?  I've already started working on next week's menu.  I try to keep 2 weeks ahead, so that way I can keep up with what's going to be on sale at the grocery store and I can switch things around if need be.

Re: meal plans for this week?

• Options
    Tonight: Green curry chicken, veggies and rice with a spinach salad.

Tuesday: Tuna Casserol with some type of vegetable on the side, maybe steamed broccoli

Wed: Spicy seafood soup and possibly home made sushi (if we're feeling ambitious)

Thursday: Jalapeno popper Chicken (just found a recipe yesterday and it sounds really good!) with some type of potatoe and salad

Friday: Tofu Stir Fry for me, and a thai dish that BF wants to try making that I don't like because it has too many onions and peppers in it.

Saturday: Probably some type of pasta or lasagna, depending on how much energy I have

Sunday: Pork roast with rice and veggies.
  • Options
    Oooo last night I made the cauliflower crust pizza - SO GOOD. Quite possibly better than real pizza. Seriously.

Monday: Turkey tacos

Tuesday: Baked salmon, sauteed veggies and roasted/mashed cauliflower

Wednesday: Healthy BLT's

Thursday: Going out to eat with bestie - have to find something healthy at Bertucci's when all I want is the 1250 calorie Gratinati *sigh*

Friday: Going to Mom's and making everyone eggplant parm with skinny portobello risotto

Saturday & Sunday are still up in the air. But I'm happy about everything else!
  • Options
    Thanks for starting this thread, Coco.  I am going grocery shopping today and need inspiration!
  • Options
    Coco: Thanks for this kick in the butt.  I need to do this right now, I always stay on track way better when I have a plan.  

• Options
    Monday- Steak, zuchinni, onion, mushroom skewers

Tuesday- Chicken Enchilada soup (new recipe.  We'll see if it works out)

Wednesday- Chili and a small salad (favorite lazy food.  Crockpot needs a workout)

Thursday- Turkey tetrazinni with broccoli (using turkey left from Sunday)

Friday- Probably leftovers from the week.  The kids won't be here.

Saturday- Eating out with friends

Sunday- Pancakes, eggs, fruit bowl.  We do breakfast for supper about twice a month b/c the kids love it so much.
  • Options
    rdr- me too!  the past week or so I haven't planned as well, and so we've been eating out more often (fast stuff:  Chick Fil A, Papa Murphy's, Sonic...).  I try to make sure I always have stuff on for an "emergency meal"...  like chicken mexican spaghetti or something.  that way we have no excuses!
  • Options
    BloodNChoc - skewers sound great!  I LOVE kabobs, but I don't grill so they only come around in the summer when H is here to grill for me.  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_meal-plans-for-this-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:3a00b7bc-2e16-44af-8e8a-3bf526ce3591Post:5c91efab-4f64-4647-b594-d8f6f8d3e0fd">Re: meal plans for this week?</a>:
    [QUOTE]BloodNChoc - skewers sound great!  I LOVE kabobs, but I don't grill so they only come around in the summer when H is here to grill for me.  :)
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

My exH will be over, so he gets to man the grill :)
  • Options
    Monday:  Cilantro Lime Tilapia Tacos

Tuesday:  Out with Yaga & Swhite 

Wednesday: Pork Tenderloin with mashed cauliflower & steamed veggies

Thursday: Chicken Francese with rice & steamed veggies

Friday: Pasta

• Options
    Not in any particular order.... 

1. Chicken quesadillas on flax tortillas, salad

2. Steaks and asparagus

3. Green chili/corn/black bean and rice combo with grilled chicken pieces. Must top with guacamole!

4. Turkey Meatloaf and mixed salad
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    JLine07JLine07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    It's so nice to see these posts - great ideas!!! 

Tonight - Steak with gorgonzola cream sauce (Only because I was doing a test run of my boyfriend's birthday dinner Thursday.  He was out with coworkers so I decided to give it a try to avoid ruining it on his actual birthday.  Success!) Since it was just me, made it with steamed mix veggies.

Tuesday - Eggplant parm with penne and salad

Wednesday - Stuck working late - heating up a lasagna from the freezer. 

Thursday - (Actual birthday dinner) Filet Mignon with gorgonzola cream sauce topped with bacon and green onions, with mashed potatoes, and some kind of veggie.. plus birthday cheesecake.

Friday - Grilled salmon with rice pilaf and salad

Saturday - Chili in the crockpot with cornbread

Sunday - dinner at my boyfriend's grandmother's house. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards