Snarky Brides
Options

MOH

Re: MOH

• Options
    You need to start saying "No" immediately.  All of the extras that she is requiring are just that-extras, and you are perfectly within your right to say "Bride, unfortunately that is out of my budget right now so I will plan to take care of my own hair/makeup."  "Bride, unfortunately I really can't take any more time off of work--you know I have multiple projects going on and its just too much for me to be away so much. I'm sure you understand."  You should have put  a limit on how many she can invite to the shower, "Bride, we can afford to host 20 people at the shower, please let me know who you would like to invite."  As for the bachelorette, I think everyone can pay their own way, with you and the other BM picking up expenses for the bride (and others will likely chip in too).

There is nothing wrong with saying no to these ridiculous requests--you just need to do it.  The bride is way out of line in expecting you to pay for these things, take time off of work, etc.
  • Options
    I agree with PP. I'm like you, OP, and can't imagine asking someone to do these things. I'd have to have a conversation with her about it and hope that she understands. If not, I'd tell her that I'd be delighted to attend as a guest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Seriously, put your foot down. Don't enable this girl. If she throws a fit, drop out of the wedding and save yourself from her craziness. 
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    Helllll no. Put a stop to that ish immediately. She's got bridezilla brain and is seriously crossing into batshitcrazy territory. 

I'd feel like a horrible person asking any of that from my girls. I feel bad enough as it is that they won't take any money from me for my parties and I know they're over spending. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    You absolutely need to put your foot down. Say it politely as possible that these things that she's "requiring" are not within your budget and that you do not have the vacation time to do these extra things. Don't let her or anyone else in the bridal party who may be able to do these things, bully you into agreeing to it in the end. If she really insists, step down from being MOH and say you'd feel more comfortable being a guest at the wedding instead. 

As for the bachelorette party, I do not think it your responsibility to pay for anyone else, other than chipping in for the bride. The understanding in my group of friends for bachelorette parties is that we all split the brides expenses and pay for ourselves. My MOH really wanted us to have a limo for the night, but she paid for it herself and didn't require anything from the other girls. It was her gift to me, which unnecessary, but something she really wanted to do. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    TheVirginiansTheVirginians member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    My daughter was told to show up at 6:00 am with $200.00 for hair and makeup for her friend's 1:00 pm wedding. My daughter said no, I'll do my own. The bride ended up paying for her. No is a powerful and appropriate word.
  • Options
    Agree with every PP on here

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards