New York
Options

Dress Alterations **Bridget**

I just read your PP
"Ok, Im bumping this thread back up. I need to find shoes and get my dress altered asap and Im getting nervous. I read reviews on Something Old, Something New and they were not good :/ Heart to Heart is 1.5 hrs away...and ugh. Has anyone altered through Davids? Any idea on how expensive it is? Obvious I want it to be done right, but Im on a tight budget too.

Monica, do you know anything more about that Mary Coleman lady you mentioned?"

I finally dug up her number in my desk...
It's Mary Golden (Coleman...Golden... oops lol)
Anyway, one of my BM's used her for her own wedding dress and several BM dresses... she loved her (and said she is VERY reasonable).  Her number is 451-1140.
Also, I haven't heard anything bad about Something Old, Something New... I actually have a friend who got her wedding dress there (when she used to sell consignment dresses)... she also did all the alterations and Jackie (my friend) was very pelased.
Finally, Heart to Heart is wonderful!!!  Well worth the drive... the staff is so sweet.  I really wish I would have purchased my dress there.

Hope this helps a little.
Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Dress Alterations **Bridget**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That helps a ton! Now I just need to find my shoes!

Im watching My Fair Wedding and looked it up online hoping to try to get on. Haha no such luck!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my shoes on ebay... love them!!
    I would def check out palces like Zappos and even Target.  I can't believe that people spend like $100-$200 on shoes when there are some cuties out there for like 20 bucks!!
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My only problem with online shopping for shoes is my size. I am typically in a 5.5...buuuut sometimes that is too big or too small :/ I just get nervous. I did see some reaaaaaaaaaaaally cute ones at JCP...but I kinda want Orange shoes. I think I need to lose that want tho :/

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think orange shoes would be totally awesome!!!
    I would check around online... you have plenty of time to order and return/exchange if they don't fit.  Just check into the return policy before you buy.
    Online Garage Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha thanks girls! Im gunna have to look now!

• Options
    mek20mek20 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_dress-alterations-bridget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:ad2e8aec-96cc-4511-ae86-c74f6c6f978ePost:070650a9-683e-4db5-aeea-cb834d71b91f">Dress Alterations **Bridget**</a>:
    [QUOTE] ugh.<strong> Has anyone altered through Davids? Any idea on how expensive it is? </strong>
    Posted by kevinandmonica2011[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I was also wondering this, and actually just heard from a friend that they are VERY expensive to do alterations. She went to someone private, who I am trying to get the name of which I hope to share soon, who lives in North Syracuse..She charged less than 1/2 of David's quote...more than the dress cost.....too bad I got my dress from davids...grrrr

</div>
    First comes Love (2.23.2006)
    Then comes Marriage (6.23.2012)
    Then comes Baby #1 (5.10.2013)
    And Baby #2 (EDD 6.15.2014)
    In the baby carriage! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards