Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Family Style Dinner - pictures??

Has anyone had a wedding with a Family Style Dinner and have pictures they could share (or have you been to one and have pictures?)?

We're pretty sure this is the type of dinner we want to have, and I know our florist needs to be made aware of the table set up for the centerpieces so I'd like to see some pictures if there are any. We're also just curious how the setup looks.

(I'm also working with our venue/caterer to see if they can send pics, too)

Thanks!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Family Style Dinner - pictures??

• sassybananasassybanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the tables you are having..Circle or rectangle??
    Also, what kind of food? Typically Asian meals are served family style because you can easily scoop  a portion off of a plate without cutting or too much fuss. I would check first for pictures with that theme.
    Italian meals can have that rustic family style as well. Loaves of bread, piles of pasta on plates, fish entrees, wine, side dishes, various meats and cheeses to snack on, etc.
    You can still follow traditional wedding-food guidelines too: serve chicken, beef, fish just on a plate like you would set on your dinner table to be passed around. Serve side dishes of veggies, and starches. Hey-anything you want, bride!
  • sassybananasassybanana member
    edited December 2011
    Asian style..

• edited December 2011
    Oooh thanks for the pic! That's what I was looking for :)

When we spoke with our venue last summer about the dinner options, they told us that if we did a Family Style dinner we should let our florist know, as it will affect the types of certerpieces we can have.

As for types of food we're not sure yet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like our ideas our different, but I am doing family-style on long rectangular tables. Check out a couple pics in my bio :)
  • jrgrafflinjrgrafflin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how much this will help but I am doing a family style Italian spread. My wedding is semiformal the evening of march 26 at frank sinatras home in palm springs. If you are interested I will be more than happy to send pics of what we are working on. My planner, caterer, florist and I are tryinnalize our vision this week so I can send photos of that too
  • edited December 2011
    That would be awesome if you want to send of post the pics when you have them. Thanks!!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, 

Guess I'm a lurker here...but I had to chime in.

I'm doing a family style dinner with Italian food on round tables. My venue advised me me to keep the centerpieces 6 inches in diameter or less to leave room for all the food. My florist came up with some simple cylinder centerpieces that fit the bill just right.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards