Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Make Up Trial

Hi All!
I think I found a make up artist and I want to do trial, the only problem is that I'm living in MI and so it would have to be a time when I'd be home.  I'm going to be home for Christmas and want to have my make up done Christmas Eve morning since we have our big family things that day.  Is it asking too much to have the make up artist come to my home that morning?  My family says yes because it's Christmas and it's rude to take someone away from their family.  My reasoning is that I'll be having lots of pictures taken that day and it'll be a long day so I'll have a better idea of how the make up lasts.
Is it really rude to ask someone to be there for a trial the day before Christmas?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Make Up Trial

• Options
    Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think at most you could politely ask, but give them an easy out, emphasizing that you understand if they are not available. Perhaps they'd be willing to accommodate you if you could travel to their location, if possible. However, I certainly wouldn't push it and be prepared to make other arrangements for your trial.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Britt.

There are a lot of businesses open on Christmas Eve day.  As long as you're alright with the fact that they may not be able to make it, I think it's alright to ask.  I am in the same situation with being out of town.  I scheduled my trial for the day of my shower/bachelorette party. :)
    image 145 Invited
    image 121 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image Everyone has finally RSVP'd!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input ladies!  Still not sure I completely agree but I'm very pigheaded! =P  I see your points and I know that it's their right to say no but it never hurts to ask!
    Thanks again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's right to ask someone to travel to you the day before Christmas. But thats just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say that even if you ask, I really don't think a make up artist would be willing to do this unless you are somehow close friends with the makeup artist (it doesn't sound like you are from your post). I worked in a salon with hairstylists/make-up artists/manicurists for a couple of years in college, and I know that no one would want to work on Christmas Eve. They would only agree to it if they were really hard pressed for money. And even then, they would still probably say no.

Sorry, but I have to agree with your family on this one. It's a little too much to ask someone to do a makeup trial on a holiday. You can always get a makeup trial done in the morning and you will be able to wear it all day to see how it lasts. If you are in town another day, there is no reason to not pick another day.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agree with PP.  Although it can't hurt to ask, you also jeopardize your "image" with the makeup artist.  This isn't just another holiday.  This is Christmas.  A pretty big deal for families. 

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards