Attire & Accessories Forum

Black Bridesmaid Dresses???

2»

Re: Black Bridesmaid Dresses???

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_black-bridesmaid-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:bafc7dba-12bc-424e-948f-654600d7f7e0Post:b30c0c6e-30de-42aa-946f-2228ce8e5c20">Re: Black Bridesmaid Dresses???</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Black Bridesmaid Dresses??? : Oh no I definitely agree with you too! I'm not a fan of black at weddings, I think it's a bright happy occasion and should be represented that way. I have a ton of LBD's and never wear them to weddings, and if I did I'd just blend in with everyone else because so many girls wear them to weddings.
    Posted by SuMmErKuTiE[/QUOTE]

This is my exact thinking.

btw - I was at a wedding in Boston a month ago and not a single woman out of 200+ guests was wearing a black dress.  It was absolutely beautiful.  I'm hoping that my years of ranting against wearing black to a wedding has rubbed off at least on my side of the aisle for my wedding.  For the love of God, I'm getting married, not being buried.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • adl734adl734 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_black-bridesmaid-dresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:bafc7dba-12bc-424e-948f-654600d7f7e0Post:47772586-7df2-4af4-af6b-b7d24da67e36">Re: Black Bridesmaid Dresses???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanna know what the real motivation is with wanting black dresses.  It's just not normal behavior for BMs to harass the bejesus out of the bride and try to get her to change the dress color to another similiar color.  I feel like there's a story here and we're not getting the whole thing.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

There is no story.  The BM's are my sisters though, so I think that means they feel they can be more 'honest' with me on what they want.  Which is a good thing when I want an honest opinion from them about planning questions I have.  But I'm not liking the push back when it comes to dresses.  Especially since I was the MOH for 1 of my sisters and she chose the color and I never ONCE questioned it.

The color was the only stipulation I had so this is just really bugging me.  I thought I was being an "easy" bride in leaving the actual dress, length, material choices up to them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards