New Hampshire
Options

Poll: How much are your BM dresses costing?

Just wondering and trying to get an idea about what's "normal"

Re: Poll: How much are your BM dresses costing?

• Options
    Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got the BM dresses from NetBride.com and saved each BM over $50.
    Otherwise I would have fallen into the $150 section
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids' gowns were around $180 from NetBride, and as a gift, my mother gave each girl $100 towards their gown.  I only had two bridesmaids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just went with cocktail dresses from JC Penny and we were able to get them on sale for $45.  So we got a major score. 
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $139 at MArry & Tux and they'll get a $10 discount after we get our tuxes from there too
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I asked my girls what they were comfortable spending and they ended up picking a dress that was at the max of it ($200).
  • Options
    dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    We caught a sale at Davids Bridal and they were $80
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had them pick out whatever "little black dress" they'd wear again - with a few guidelines.  I even told them they were welcome to use a dress they already had, if it was the right length and style.  This worked out well, since one of my BM's was 8 months pregnant at the wedding, but they all had fun chosing a nice new dress within their own budget. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took my two maids of honor who had two very different bodies and budgets. We ended up with a dress that would work for everyone in the $180 price range. That was about smack-dab in the middle of what we were looking at. There are def cheaper and more expensive options. I'd be considerate and ask what their budget is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit NewHampshire.Weddings.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Every wedding I was in I paid about 150-180.  Never more or less.  For mine I'd like to stay as low as possible because I'd like to buy their dresses as a gift.
  • Options
    auntykarebearauntykarebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dresses I'm looking at are $80 at David's Bridal. They are little black dresses they can all easily wear again, too--so I hope they will be pretty grateful! LOL
  • Options
    auntykarebearauntykarebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounded bad. I am the one who is grateful they will be my BMs...I just mean grateful in the sense that I'm trying to keep the dress cost down. That's all. :-)
  • Options
    ninnypooperninnypooper member
    edited December 2011
    The prices for my girls varied, so I'll say around $150, some more, some less. I chose a brand, color and length and they got to choose their own dresses. I felt that if they were going to spend the money, then they should be wearing something they are comfortable in (which also means bigger smiles! LoL).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my bridesmaid dress for my friends wedding was $55   she found them on sale at the Limited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards